• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

HV Shunt Regulator PCB

For this nest GB, I'll setup a wiki, then you can do your own edit and add to the total. Then if we can have 30 minimum, we are free to go.
Naturally the more we have, the lower the price, but I don't want to have to ship 100 boards, won't have the time really, see below...

By the way, just sold my house for good, until now it was only a conditional sale. Meaning, I'll start packing box, and taking my workshop apart. This GB will need to be before my move in May.

Stay tuned.

Algar_emi said:
For this nest GB, I'll setup a wiki, then you can do your own edit and add to the total. Then if we can have 30 minimum, we are free to go.
Naturally the more we have, the lower the price, but I don't want to have to ship 100 boards, won't have the time really, see below...

By the way, just sold my house for good, until now it was only a conditional sale. Meaning, I'll start packing box, and taking my workshop apart. This GB will need to be before my move in May.

Stay tuned.

This is good news. I will order some through the Wiki when it is ready.

Thanks
Jim

Hi,

I have been following this very interesting thread but need som advice.

In the manual for the Sprenger Regulator is written that the regulator only needs "raw DC". Can anyone tell me what this is?

Is the ripple a percentage of the B+ (1%, 0,5 %, 0,1 % or???) or is is a recommended level of ripple in mV or???

I tried to mail Mr. Sprenger directly through this forum but unfortunately this is not possible.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Karsten

Karsten Sømand said:
Hi,

I have been following this very interesting thread but need som advice.

In the manual for the Sprenger Regulator is written that the regulator only needs "raw DC". Can anyone tell me what this is?

Is the ripple a percentage of the B+ (1%, 0,5 %, 0,1 % or???) or is is a recommended level of ripple in mV or???

I tried to mail Mr. Sprenger directly through this forum but unfortunately this is not possible.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Karsten

Raw DC: unregulated V DC. In practice an Xfrm, a bridge and a cap

Ripple: the lower the better, but w/out getting crazy for it

Re: Anybody finished there boards yet?

djmike said:
Has anyone begin using their boards and or tested yet?

Mike

I'm in a final progress so very soon I will do tests. I'm ordering the heatzinks now but I would like to get some equivalent to LND150 or BSS135 which I can't find locally. Only BSP135 as sot223 case at RS-online. Anyone here that has to many leftovers?
I wll also also do something very dangerous....
I will use the very good audio OP from National Semiconductor, LME49710, instead of OPA655 or the SOIC OPA656 and also LM317 instead of LT1085. It seems overkill to order two OPA656 overseas when I allready have the other stuff at home.
I think it would work and not be to empirical in testing it out.
The LME49710 have also very low distorsion, high bandwith and a PSRR and CMRR of marvellous 110dB.
Any thoughts on that?

I've never dealt with shunt regulators before so this is a fun project.
One of the Regulator cards will sit in a tubed phono and line preamp that I will build later on.
Lets see which one of us would be the first with a working unit, of all those PCB's Sylvain sold. :smash: