• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hp Designjet Plotters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have two of these things, a 350C and a 650C. Both are inkjet, not pen plotters, have black and color capability.

Useful for plotting full-size templates.

The 350 does plots up to 24 x 36 inch [D].

The 650 is also nominally D-sized but has roll feeder so can also plot 24 x Length of Roll (or until ink runs out ;) ).

For Toronto region pick-up, Pickering.

Dave

Hey, if you're willing to ship, I'll take one off your hands as well! I'm in Ohio, but let me know what it'd cost to ship to 44221. Depending on the shipping cost, I'll even throw in some money for your time and hassle!

I don't really care which one, I would just like one for occasional use for some other design stuff I do. Although, I'd love to go back to Toronto, I love that town!

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I have an HP DJ 755CM with stand and roll feed. Paid $1200 for it used and was thrilled. New it cost around $7000

If you plot a lot the roll feed is essential- a whole stack of drawings just rolls out!

As long as you don't break them they last forever. Best way to break them is to get paper balled up inside.

Hi all, thanks for your interest. I've thought about shipping and have reconsidered. I just don't have the time to package properly and arrange shipping.
And the cost of doing so might exceed the selling price of the plotter itself. Plotters are heavy and quite fragile from a shipping standpoint. Best approach is still the minivan.

Hi,

whoa, hopefully caught this in time... Couldn't see anywhere, but were you asking for some $, or was this a giveaway. I'm in Toronto, willing to pickup.

Great timing... as I'm in the process of (hopefully) going back to school (with a zero budget; or loan hell) and could use it (them) very intensively...

Anyway, please let me know. + Greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Bluesmoke

Yes, Great Thanks.

Almost soon to be a happy camper... spent the past week just figuring a way to wedge it into my barely 9x12' room (cell?)....

Will have it set up by the holiday weekend, then give it a TLC cleaning & lube job, then WORK WORK WORK!!!

Hoping there is still a lot of good life left in it. Will make a final report probably next week...

Cheers,
Bluesmoke.

Ugngh~... Zzzzzz...

Spent two days cleaning and lubing the beast. Purge pots, pipes, and caps are nice and clean, sensors too. Got a bail sensor error but easily tracked it down to a sticky lever that crosses a sensor.

Prints seem a wee bit sharper now with all the work done. Fingers are black-purpley.

Ordered a new y-axis reduction belt. Don't need it just yet, but (sadly) now can see that the current belt is just about kaput. Didn't see any local availablility for it... got one off ebay... maybe for too much...? Back to eating mac&cheese.. (now wondering how long the belts last...)

Only odd thing I've found is that if the roll paper is already loaded, and I turn on, then do a config print, the head/paper will jam soon into the print. Otherwise if I load after power-on, no problems yet.

One small question... I'm sure the main paper roller worm drive is probably just fine left as is, but just wondering if anyone knows where in Toronto I can find the white-ish grease to lube it? It's metal to plastic, so has to be relatively specific. Don't feel like paying $30US+shipping for the HP stuff.... would be a year diet of instant noodles.

Ugh... I did expect this to be high-ish maintenance... but hopefully shouldn't need to touch it again for a long time now...

Hi Bluesmoke
Good to hear that it liked the thorough cleaning. Remarkable that it can be so clear and accurate considering the low (600dpi) resolution of that era.
That belt may be original (1994), and the machine was used 9 hrs a day until 2005 ... I highly doubt that you'll put enough miles on it to kill even the old belt.

I think the config plots should be done on cut sheets?

I have a tube of synthetic (PTFE) grease here, you're welcome to a couple of blobs of it if you wish.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.