How to removing the ******* HUM sound from our GC??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The centre tap of the transformer should be connected to the power supply directly, not to the starground. Then take a wire from the ground on the output of the power supply (the side facing the fuse block in the wiring diagram) to the star ground. The charging current for the caps is high and spiky and will get everywhere if you connect it through the star ground.

Attachments

• mywiring2.gif
    mywiring2.gif
    44 KB · Views: 376
megajocke said:
The centre tap of the transformer should be connected to the power supply directly, not to the starground. Then take a wire from the ground on the output of the power supply (the side facing the fuse block in the wiring diagram) to the star ground. The charging current for the caps is high and spiky and will get everywhere if you connect it through the star ground.

That makes sense to me!

I_F

:smash: Wow:bigeyes: ,there is more stargrounding concept.I will try to use that wiring.Thank you very much megajocke.
Mr I_F, have u tried this wiring?
I hear that a EI leg's should not connect to the chassis,is it true?Or we must use an isolation from the EI leg's to the chassis?
What about the trafo with a single output which doesn't have CT?Should i connect the 0V pin to the starground?:smash:

Hi,

I have experienced a similar problem - a slight hum when the volume potentiometer is at the lowest setting, and hum decreases if you turn volume up. For my case, I found the solution!

My configuration was with two separate PCB boards for the two channels, put in the opposite ends of the casing. I had a stereo pot with the grounds of the both inputs connected together at the pot. I also have an input selector with relays, where all grounds of the input RCA's come together and an additional cable from the pot to the input selector board. So the solution for me was to disconnect the grounds connection at the potentiometer --AND-- disconnect the cable shielding for both channels soldered at that input selector board. Then, a separate wire runs from the RCA's common ground to the star ground. In this way, no current flows through the input cables shielding from one channel board to the other. I was skeptical about leaving one side of the shielding free, but this was THE solution that worked after a lot of experiments and 3-4 sleepless nights. I now have a dead quiet amplifier!

You could also try this!

Best Regards,
Angel Sinigersky

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.