How to build the F5

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Ok, so how can I build the best PSU for it?

Simple, build the PSU from the schematic twice. (no, i'm not kidding)

But you really need to do a few things before that;

Do you have a chassis? Are you looking at one specifically?

Are you planning on using a PCB for the powersupply? Which one?

Do you have a link to the transformers you bought? Their configuration might make a diference on how you procede.

Don't worry if you have confusion or a question, just ask you questions here, we are all pleased to help!! :D :D :D :D :D

here is a schematic for those boards, with external bridges.

Attachments

• Chipamp PSU med eksterne likerettere.png
    Chipamp PSU med eksterne likerettere.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 235
Simple, build the PSU from the schematic twice. (no, i'm not kidding)

But you really need to do a few things before that;

Do you have a chassis? Are you looking at one specifically?

Are you planning on using a PCB for the powersupply? Which one?

Do you have a link to the transformers you bought? Their configuration might make a diference on how you procede.

Don't worry if you have confusion or a question, just ask you questions here, we are all pleased to help!! :D :D :D :D :D

1. I don't have any chassis, I was going to order/make one, at the end of the build, because right now I have no idea how much space do I need for all of it..
2. A minute ago, I just bought 2x chipamp PSU pcb's :D
3. Here's the pdf with the transformer: http://www.toroidy.pl/karty/pl/KK300.pdf
Unfortunetely for You. it's in polish :D But I can try and translate anything You need :D
Right now, I'm in the process of filling the basket in mouser.com (basing on the first pdf with bom that I wrote in my first post)so any advices would be much appreciated :)

Thanks.
One more question - do I have to stick tightly to the voltage rating of the resistors listed on the bom, or can I change for the one with higher voltage and lower tolerance? I want the best quality everywhere i can afford so I;m looking for the lowest tolerance :)

you meen wattage? you cant go over 5W they will be to big. i use only 3W on my supply's and they stay cold:)