How to build the F5

I finally got most of my bottom panel drilled out. I've just got to find a spot for chassis ground.

How far back in this thread for the terminal block/ thermistors (cl-60)?

DSC00715.JPG

It looks like a 4U by 400mm Pesante Dissipante from Modushop.

I'm just saving some money, have new job, going to be ordering 2 new chassis for my aleph minis.

These chassis :

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

BUT in black :)

Something's wrong

Hi,

I finally powered up the 1st channel. Hmm... no smoke, the light bulb
in the hot line turns on and fades out but the LED on the amp pcb fades out as well. :confused:
Actually the LED should be always on but it's not. PSU voltage is fine @ 24.4V

When I turn off the amp (discharge the caps) and fire it up again the LED is not on at all, even not for a second.
I turned P1 / P2 down to zero just before firing it up the 1st time. When I now start to turn on P1 I get at max 0.02V over R11. So something is happening but not quite properly. The heatsink doesn't get warm at all...:confused:
Is the LED damaged and shorts now V+ to gnd? Will check this tomorrow...

Any suggestion?

hmmm...

Yeah...I know the lough is always on the loser :mad:

But on the pictures attached there is imo nothing to discover but please feel free!
I've asked the question because it could be the case that somebody experienced similar behaviour and could probably give me some hints. I mean what is a max volatge of 0.02V across R11 indicating. Obviously Q3 is not raming up very well. :confused:
Who can help to localize or to isolate the error on y pcb?

Thanks in advance !!!!!

Cheers,
Mallard

Attachments

• rightchannel1.JPG
    rightchannel1.JPG
    400.6 KB · Views: 398
  • rightchannel2.JPG
    rightchannel2.JPG
    403.9 KB · Views: 393
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi,

I finally powered up the 1st channel. Hmm... no smoke, the light bulb
in the hot line turns on and fades out but the LED on the amp pcb fades out as well. :confused:
Actually the LED should be always on but it's not. PSU voltage is fine @ 24.4V

When I turn off the amp (discharge the caps) and fire it up again the LED is not on at all, even not for a second.
I turned P1 / P2 down to zero just before firing it up the 1st time. When I now start to turn on P1 I get at max 0.02V over R11. So something is happening but not quite properly. The heatsink doesn't get warm at all...:confused:
Is the LED damaged and shorts now V+ to gnd? Will check this tomorrow...

Any suggestion?
Playing Mr. Obvious here for a minute, but you don't actually state that you took out the light bulb TESTER....?

Also, how can you NOT create mass-confusion with all the same color wires? Help yourself out a little....

Last edited:
speaker binding posts

hmm, I've got a set and trying to make a nice connection, but I guess my 30 watt iron is doing a poor job getting the binding hot enough for the solder to flow.

I end up with a cold joint and a blob of solder on my wire. Maybe I should use 2 irons, lol.

Is there a trick to these posts?