how do i know if my hf on my acoustat 2+2 are the same level?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
getting there got a much better sound with the corners full of roxul and the bass is just great!!
changed the preamp also got a much better sound overall.
the dynamics,warmth mids and highs are more open image bigger,deeper,wider.
IMGDEAD]

Question on HF capacitor in Acoustat interface

In my acoustat interface, the original capacitor on the HF is a 220 uF electrolytic, should I replace it with 47uF or 220uF polypropylene? Will there be any audible difference between the two different value capacitors?

nothing is wrong.

The original value was 200ufd.

The later value with the Medallion xfmrs was 47ufd.

I seem to recall that there was a very small difference in the turns ration with the Medallion - I suspect it was a change to permalloy or another better grade of lam that is/was the main diff.

You can play with that value - but keep in mind that the xfrmrs response OVERLAPS by several OCTAVES! It's not a standard xover!!

The simplest thing is to just change it to whatever your stock value is... of course it is best if both channels happen to be the same! ;)

_-_-bear :Pawprint:

Hmm..., I changed the 220 electrolytic caps to 47uF Solen metalized polypropylene film caps. After a couple of days of running, I find it's smoother, less glare, and warmer sounding. However, it appears to be closed in, slower, less detailed and extended than before, basically lifeless. What's wrong? Is it because of the value used (47 vs 220) or the characteristic of Solen caps? Any recommendation?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.