How can I do a 10 khz square wave with LtSpice ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Add a voltage source to your circuit. Right click on it. A window like below should pop up. The values below gives a 10kHz square wave. Adjust for 31kHz.

Attachments

• sq.jpeg
    sq.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 16,175
You can leave Ncycles alone since thats only how many cycles it'll give before it stops, leaving it blank will make a continous pulse train.

On Nperiod you put in the equivalent time for 31 kHz and Ton will be half of that value to define 50% duty cycle.

Rise and fall can be set to 1µ.

clik on the attachment thumbnail?

the line:

.param f = 31k, t_edge=1u

has to be entered in the <.op> tool pop up window (far right on toolbar)

the line:

PULSE(-1 1 0 {t_edge} {t_edge} {1/2/f-t_edge} {1/f})

is the "value" entry for the Vsource, usually entered in the dialog window but can be pasted in the pop up box when rt clking on the value

[edit: paste the line in a Vsouce "Value", then rt cik Vsource body, you will see filled in parameters in window]

add new named params to control additional sources, you can have f1 = 10k, f2 = 31k on the same schematic with the Vsources each using the appropriate parameter name

Last edited:
Hi

The 31 khz square wave are working but it's all down on the negative side like you can see in my image.

I've only used Ltspice with sine wave in amps simulations.

Thanx

Paul

Attachments

• Capture3.jpg
    Capture3.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 1,340
  • Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 3,637
Last edited:
yes it shows some more advanced spice feautures, but I thought I was clear on how they can be copy/pasted from my post

learning how to get the Spice SW do the calculation seems worth the complication if you're using oddball frequencies with primes too big to count on fingers in their factorizations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.