Horny valve virgin comes of age..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Aye were up for it, the kettle will be on. Set your email to on and I will mail you the address and a phone number in case you get stuck.
We are mid decorating/room shuffling so nothing is in prime position but you will get the general idea. Bring some known cds with you, I cant play vinyl sadly.

OK chaps, I am going to get the wood in about 4 hours....

I am in two minds however whether to go for the Hiro or the Sachiko. I can accomodate both really, but does anybody here have an opinion with regard sound quality?

Just wondering...

Also, any details re. required sound deaqdening material etc, and where it goes if any....

You can see I am a noob.

Steve

Ok, I now have the birch ply - and how damn heavy is it? jees, must be half a ton of the stuff! luckily B&Q cut it for me so it just about fitted into the car (still 8 feet long though)

So, now that I am about to start more cutting and / or glueing soon, does anyone have any hints as to how best to start? What I mean is is it just a case of gluing the bits together, rather than using dowels etc? I have lots of F clamps already...

This is going to take me a while, but I will try to keep a picture record of my progress i case anyone is interested.

Hi John! all the cutting will be completed tomorrow, then the gluing starts. I have ordered the drivers but I am in no particular hurry and would rather get it right than rush and make a mistake!

Sorry I have not got back to you re. a visit, I have been v. busy, otherwise they would be nearly finished..

I will take some pic as the build progresses. How are you getting on with your CSS's?

Steve.

I remeber reading a thread somewhere about the PS1, some were saying it was really great, others that it was merely acceptable. I have not tried it myself so cannot comment, though I am all for a little experimentation...

All of the cuts have been made, it is now time to start assembling the Sachiko. I will take pics of the build for those interested.

Steve.

OK, it took only about 10 minuts to fix the two in the pic together, so a few a night, I estiamate they will be done in about 2 weeks, I know it is slow, but really I am pushed for time. And no comments about the books if you please! LOL.

CIMG2979.jpg

CIMG2978.jpg

CIMG2980.jpg

Hi John, the 'speakers are just about finished, though I have not yet sealed them as the drivers are not yet in and I want to be able to test various levels of wadding before they are permanently glued. I will egt around to coming over, promise! will be good to hear a playstation as a source, not tried that yet....

Steve.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.