Hornresp

Hey, I'm getting a "runtime mismatch" error when trying to use the Filter Wizard with an OD1 sim created from an imported file.

First image is the Boxplan workbook that's creating the import file. The txt file is the import file and the last image is the error message being generated when I try to use the Filter Wizard.

Another thing, with OD, L12 and L23 are linked, however with OD1, L23 and L34 aren't linked.

Attachments

• 2018-06-01.png
    2018-06-01.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 191
  • BOXPLAN.txt
    351 bytes · Views: 42
  • 2018-06-01 (1).png
    2018-06-01 (1).png
    3.8 KB · Views: 172
Hi Brian,

I'm getting a "runtime mismatch" error when trying to use the Filter Wizard with an OD1 sim created from an imported file.

Thanks for the feedback. It's not just with an OD1 simulation that the problem occurs. The bug will be fixed in the next release.

Another thing, with OD, L12 and L23 are linked, however with OD1, L23 and L34 aren't linked.

That was intentional - it would have required significant additional work to include the feature. I might have a look at it again, when I have nothing better to do :).

Kind regards,

David

Hi kazap,

The loading of the air in the H-frame is automatically taken into account by Hornresp. In effect what you have is a compound horn, made up of two equal-length, equal cross-sectional area, cylindrical horns. The path length difference to be specified will depend upon the orientation of the cabinet relative to the listener.

I am not aware of any specific H-frame guide, but a Google search should unearth something I expect.

The attachments show a representative example design.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Attach_3.png
    Attach_3.png
    64 KB · Views: 156
Hi David
Thanks very much for the example which is a great instruction tool and now I've got an H-frame model working. Your software is a huge gift.

My last query is about the point the Acoustic Power (dB) is modelled from? Is i a defined point like 1000mm in front?

Cheers mate.

Last edited:
Mr MC Bean,

Is it possible ? what is it? where HR place the VRC ?

Hi Fatech,

A1. It is theoretically possible.
A2. It is a tapped horn loudspeaker.
A3. The rear chamber is located between the side of the driver diaphragm facing into S4, and the port into S4, as shown in the attachment.

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    46 KB · Views: 192
Hi, can you please help me identify the error with my Hornresp moves

VVUej3e.jpg

hsVBVk1.jpg

9b7lCff.jpg

as you can see it shows a very weird spl graph when there is power applied to it and also it indicates insane diaphragm movement, what am I doing wrong?

This is Xoc designed TH18 so the design should be ok.
The driver is 18 sound 18lw1400