Highly recommended German Amplifier Schematic !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
re anadigit ....there is no high end amplifier with VI limmiters ....op amp in the input and darligton output ....at least to my understanding

your amlifier is a 1985 amplifier probably very well built .... but technology of it is far from today or high end \

This amplifier used +/-45V for opamp ! and some input function of darlington amplifier is not shown in my schematic :D

Please do not care on topology or technology, I never seen input of darlington power on the other model, brand.

Darlington Transistor is only electronic parts such as Switching Mosfet in other Class-A Amplifier with simple more than this amplifer :)

re anadigit ....there is no high end amplifier with VI limmiters ....op amp in the input and darligton output ....at least to my understanding

your amlifier is a 1985 amplifier probably very well built .... but technology of it is far from today or high end \

I totally agree , high end must be "straight wire with gain" plus drivers , REAL outputs (like in picture). I built P3A's , self amps , and others. It seems the speaker makers on the forum like symasym's , so I chose that and made it bigger.

anadigit - But I have to pay more than 1400USD

Oh my god , and that is all you get .... darlingtons and a cheap op-amp , $50 per channel and possibly $2-300 more for the rest got me all of picture 2 below. Separate + - 50v LPT/VAS supply and + - 77v OPS (2 toroids) and a real output stage :flame: . The symasym has been shorted twice and only blew fuses . I could build 4 of them for $1400... WOW audiophools..

As far as "1985 amplifiers" .... what is wrong with 1985 ??? good year ! :D Just use some modern parts , "tweak" the original design , and you have very reliable /musical amplifiers... most of the popular designs on this forum (self ,leach, RCA/DX , etc.) ,originated in that era. Whether you get .05% or .005% .. does it matter ?? I have built , simulated and tested a "DX clone" and it does .06%THD at 50 watts (mine had a real CCS and better parts). They all sound good (at least mine do) , my symasym does .02% at 200 watts and I can only hear it's superiority on demanding classical material.

OS

Attachments

• supersym.jpg
    supersym.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 688
  • amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 679
I don't understand all the fuss, opamp input stages are the common thing for MBL power amps from the beginning.

The power amp section of the 7008 is basically an MBL 8006, i gathered they use the TO99 version opamp.
You pay for D-build quality, not SOTA circuitry, same-same for companies as SAC, AVM and the likes.
German manufacture brands as Sovereign and Aaron are far more State-Of-The-Past.

Eva is amusing, as usual.

Hello
It is a interesting amp , my first DIY project used Darligtons BDW83C BDW84C from ST. And yes sounded great , unfortunately these Darlingtons no longer in production .

Greetings

hmmm lets analyze this a bit more .... no project with bdw 83-84 c ( and especially if elektor based ) can sound grate .... it can sound but not grate...

and then on the other hand that is a 20-25 year old project ...so at the time with konwledge we had we thought that sounded grate .... ...now days we know e few things more ...

correct me if i am wrong please
happy regards sakis

Hello Sakis
We already had a conversation about these .
At the forum posted by me My first DIY amplifier 20 years a go .
I know how does the amp sounded ! We com pared many great amp cost $$$$ and tube amp also .
I do not want to go into these again .
Even a German guy posted his commercial amp with 3 pair BDW83C BDW84C . Please take your time and look it up on the forum .
We make big mistake when we think we know everything ever was designed .
These not offence against you , with all my respect I recognize you know more 100X about amplifiers than me !
But still far away to know everything !
Instead please help me to find orig ST BDW83C /84C parts if U can . I would appreciate more that!:p
I know you work with amps etc .
Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.