Highly recommended German Amplifier Schematic !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
I think you guys are being a little harsh here, yes I agree that the price is very steep for such a design but in the audio world all is possible.

There are worse cases of even simpler design costing much more, just take a look at Nelson Pass B1 preamp for instance, look at the price you pay for a preamp with basically just a 1 dollar Jfet in it or any of his F series designs. The design you can find in books and magazine articles dating frrom the 80s. Theres many more I can mention, Jeff Rowland which uses chipamps also costs a little fortune.

Now why doesnt anyone here go and tell those designers what they think about their products pricing, some of those designers are here on this forum so you can get answers while the designer of this one probably isnt...........

I dont deny that Rod is a good engineer, neither that his P3A is
cleverly designed.
As pointed by eva, it s better to add a LR circuit.
Sakis, the cables are also inductve, it somewhat balance the
capacitive part of this item..

yeah yeah yeah at 2x0.75 thicknes and at 40 or 50 meters length ....that is against any regulation or hifi rules ....

or signals actually working in ndustrial electric env.

let us not full ourshelfs probably other amplifiers will manage that also but the P3A remains a very sweet amp simle effective and low cost

yeah yeah yeah at 2x0.75 thicknes and at 40 or 50 meters length ....that is against any regulation or hifi rules ....

or signals actually working in ndustrial electric env.
Oddly, it can help...
Resistance will be about 1 ohm, somewhat reducing the spekers
impedance dip, at the expense of damping factor ,while capacitance
will be at worst no more than 5/10nF (about 100 to 200pf/m), nothing
that would bother any amp...

Masterpiece of advertising
icon14.gif

Offtopic, sorry:

@EVA - it is bad style (in my eyes) to mock Carlos and his AMPs in this thread.

For me - who benefits from his creations, since I built the DXAmp driving the monitors on my desktop and a friend of mine, who drives his pair of B&W 801 with the BlameES (unmodified, without any problems so far) - it doesn't matter if Carlos develops them "with his ears" or uses oscilliscopes, function generators, ..., if he makes errors but corrects them, ...

The main thing that matters - I can tell you: his AMPs sound!

I wonder if the AMPs designed by you can compete with Carlos' AMPs.

Ontopic, go ahead please.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Looking at this thread I am compelled to conclude that . . .

the world is crazy and product advertising threads are fun :D

Offtopic, sorry:

@EVA - it is bad style (in my eyes) to mock Carlos and his AMPs in this thread.

For me - who benefits from his creations, since I built the DXAmp driving the monitors on my desktop and a friend of mine, who drives his pair of B&W 801 with the BlameES (unmodified, without any problems so far) - it doesn't matter if Carlos develops them "with his ears" or uses oscilliscopes, function generators, ..., if he makes errors but corrects them, ...

The main thing that matters - I can tell you: his AMPs sound!

I wonder if the AMPs designed by you can compete with Carlos' AMPs.

Ontopic, go ahead please.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

I was already experimenting with similar circuits when I was a teenager. Now I have products on the market, and I don't mean exotic hi-fi, I mean the professional audio market where you have competitors. Picture shows current work vs. 10 year old work.

Attachments

• KAP68.jpg
    KAP68.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 674
wahab, it is impossible to publish schematics the designer was hired and paid for by a customer, and that are utilized in a commercial product. The designer transfers the rights to the customer who bought and paid the design.

Regards,

Ok, pavel..
Being an amateur, i dont always realize the subtilities of the audio
industry as well as one involved in it for a long time..
Anyway, it s a pity that people fairly knowledgeable cant contribute
as much as occasional designers, but we all know that the world use
his head as feets...

Eva, at least carlos did publish his schematics..

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clas...d-full-range-car-amplifier-6.html#post1352470

No more comments needed.

Ironically, I posted complete PCB and schematic files of this amplifier in one of DX threads, for educational purposes (I didn't post the firmware of the microcontroller used for display and volume/bass/trebble control, though, as it was a bit off topic).

It's the only advanced project that I did for myself and that I was able to release to the public without violating contracts with customers.

Last edited:
Ironically, I posted complete PCB and schematic files of this amplifier in one of DX threads, for educational purposes (I didn't post the firmware of the microcontroller used for display and volume/bass/trebble control, though, as it was a bit off topic).

It's the only advanced project that I did for myself and that I was able to release to the public without violating contracts with customers.

Great, eva..
So everything is well in the best of all worlds...
Must add that the technical realization is very good.

Upgrade now !

Today I'm going to upgrade with MB* 8011 AM 300W dual mono version !
But I have to pay more than 1400USD :eek: :mad:

This a little measurement of this amplifier, I'll talk about 8011 AM after I completed them :)

Thanks
Anadigit

Attachments

• interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 546
  • MBL-distortion-vs-input-level.jpg
    MBL-distortion-vs-input-level.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 544
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.