Highest Quality 2-way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
amirmk said:
I've yet to decide on the design and drivers, I Like the Accutons.
The Tweeter i like is the C24-6 but i have trouble choosing the mid woofer. Accutons are both very expensive and are only about 86dB's. Choosing the even better 23 tweeter with 89dB's would make my 2A3s useless. Do you have any ideas about an efficent 7-10" woofer?

Why not use with Morel Supreme 110 tweeter?
People say that Morel S.110 is very similar in sound quality to Dynaudio Esotar D330T.

And because you live in Israel, you can save a lot money with Morel.

Amir,

Give George Short a call and order a pair of these:

http://www.northcreekmusic.com/Pegasus/Pegasus.htm

The price is right. The designer is a pro. This is probably one of the best monitors in the world. Carefully matched drivers and crossover components.

Shipping is costly though, his filters are heavy (HEAVY).

I don't think you will ever reach the level by going the diy-route.

Just a thought,

Franco

I think i've decided. The project is Mr. Gravesen's "Super Mini-Monitor". http://home1.stofanet.dk/troels.gravesen/index_b/W15CY001_OWI.htm
I heard another design by him, the Acapella, and it is spectacular. I would like to build the monitor with Seas W18Ex instead of W15 (I can get them for free, and I wouldn't like to but a new pair of 300$ drivers), Mr. Gravesen says that it is impossible to change his complicated design without specific data, which i would only be able to get in several days, so i would like to ask you what changes would you do to his crossover design so it will accomodate the Seas' bigger borther.

Amirmk,

To change the woofer in Mr. Gravesen's design is essentially the same as a whole new design. You would need a larger enclosure and a crossover network change to use the Seas W18 driver vs. the W15 in his original design. Hence, a different box and a different network. What is left is nothing.

If you wish to build his design, I would recommend that you build the W15 design that he posted and build it exactly the same as his documentation. Otherwise you might as well open your window and throw your money out of it.

Jim

A different driver needs a totally different network. As do different baffle dimensions. If you are going to go to all the trouble of making the 'best' 2way, why compromise it like this? Stick to the published baffle, XO and drivers, they were designed as a system.

Also, what Mr. Graveson refers to as specialized data, is a measurement of the new woofer in the baffle of his existing design. Since the larger woofer would probably require a larger baffle, this would also mean a measurement of both the original tweeter and the new woofer in the new baffle, and a new crossover design. Honestly if you have free access to the other woofer, you should just find a design that uses it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.