High Voltage BjT's for Pre-driver stages of High Power Amplifier - Overview

I plan to try Toshiba TTC/TTA 004B as predriver. They look promising.

Sajti

why you perfer tta/ttc004b?

I have a good experience with the Toshiba BJTs. Still have about 100pcs. of 2SC3423/2SA1360, which are the best VAS transistors, I ever used.
This is why I plan to try TTC/TTA004B.

Sajti
1.5A, 17pF Cob, 10W indicates they might make good driver transistors.
They do not look like pre-drivers, nor VAS devices.

But their SOA is down to 0.6W @ Vce=50V and Ta=25degrees C.
If you can keep Tc to 25dgrees C you can get 2W @ 50Vce from them.
Their 10W rating only applies for voltages <=10Vce.
Looks to me that they don't suit supply rails as high as +-50Vdc.

Last edited:
Did anyone use these?
http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/308/EN2262-D-310459.pdf
Looking for vas alternatives for a while now...
Almost, but most mfg's 160V portfolios are pretty stagnant and ordinary. I chose devices from On's (then Sanyo's) 100V portfolio instead.

Regardless they are not VAS devices.

The voltage rating is somewhat misleading, if you don't really need 160V withstand voltage some 100V devices actually have equal or higher SOA in the upper end of the voltage range than the 160V devices have in the same regions. R&D for 160V devices seems to be completely stagnant whereas there still does seem to be some demand for 100V BJT's.

Was this soekris power amp design ever presented?

Telstar,

I will shortly post the whole design, incl. PCB layout, a fully developed one with power supply and protection. I will probably also offer assembled boards (surface mount), but will use the Fairchild FJA4313OTU/FJA4213OTU in production.

The OnSemi NJW1302/NJW3281 are just a little better but also cost twice as much.

But that's for another thread....

Soren

It appears that Toshiba has erased the 2SA1013 and 2SC2383 models (and all traces of the products) from their website.

Does anyone still have the spice models?

Fairchild (ONSEMI) has only the KSC2383 and appears to have deleted all traces of the KSA1013.

Last edited: