High Performance WM8741 Upsampling DAC New Version build thread (show 'n tell too)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, as a test I connected my LCD to the Aurdino, compiled the example "Hello World" and uploaded it - worked at once. Now the connectors which appears to be on the bottom of the LCD actually is on the top... My hello world came out upside down :)

Still no input from our dear vendor about versions or code that works with the latest Aurdino...

Brgds

BTW, I changed the pins in the example code to 10, 9, 8, 7... If anyone connects as in our dear vendors drawings as I did.

Last edited:
OK, I had my directory set up wrong.

Now I can open Arduino. load the blink sketch and run it.

I renamed Arduino UNO Code.txt to Arduino UNO Code.ino to be compatible with Arduino. I tried opening it and Arduino squawked it needed to be in a directory named "Arduino UNO Code, so I let it create the directory and move the file.

I can now open the file and compile it but I get a couple of error messages:

Error compiling.

core.a(main.cpp.o): In function `main':
C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:11: undefined reference to `setup'
C:\arduino-1.0\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:14: undefined reference to `loop'

Is this similar to what you did?

I need to go off and figure out how to communicate with the serial display before I can figure any of this out.

Last edited:
TheGimp - the problem seems to be that your folder and the file has the same name... I renamed my file to soundciti.ino and got other errors.

Very well, compile succeeded at last after fixing a bug in Wire.h - replacing a lot of Wire.send -> Wire.write - replaced 1 Wire.receive -> Wire.read - included Aurdino.h to the LCD cpp file - replaced a lot of void with size_t... ( I probalbly forgot something ).

Anyway it loaded and now shows the characters of line 1 and 3 fully illuminated (boxes). I don't know if this has to do with that I haven't connected the lines from the DAC yet. That will be for tonight to find out.

Brgds

OK, the connection to DAC lines didn't help.

Code compiles but has logical errors. I will upload what I have tonight.

Brgds

Attachments

• LCD_Arduino_Dac_O2.JPG
    LCD_Arduino_Dac_O2.JPG
    533.8 KB · Views: 161
Interesting,

I have my LCD connected to the six pin header at the top center of the UNO as you have it oriented.

I haven't checked those pins out but I recon thats another way to do it.
My connections follows our grand gurus drawings.

I will grab the computer downstairs before it gets occupied by the kids and send the files I have tampered with. Save your originals and run a diff to see what I have done. Now, my code compiles without a hitch but does not work on the LCD. This should be rewritten to use the new LiquidCrystal library IF we don't get any more updates from the grand guru.

Brgds

What I did...

1: Get the Arduino 1.0 and install it.
2: Copy my files to where I tell you to.
3: The above would be the way if not the attachment support on this would have prohibited me to attach code...

I will put them in an archive and post them when ready...

Brgds

Anotha try:

The best would be to convert to the new LiquidCrystal lib... I don't really have the go for doing it right now.

Attachments

• Soundciti.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 42
  • LCDi2cW.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Wire.zip
    1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
One peculiar that I do not understand is this one:

LCDi2cW lcd = LCDi2cW(4,20,0x4C,0); // Initialized the library

compare it to:

// initialize the library with the numbers of the interface pins
LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 5, 4, 3, 2); // where I use 10, 9, 8 and 7 instead of 5, 4, 3 and 2.

The first one is from the provided lib and the second one is from the new LiquidCrystal lib... What is (4,20,0x4C,0) ?

Brgds

Last edited:
Knew I forgot something...

In one of the files our beloved guru sent to us there was a include of "Wconstants.h"... Now neither the IDE or I could find the file. Would this be Aurdino.h? I included it to get rid of the "delay not declared" errors and commented Wconstants.h out.

Brgds

The hifiduino code for our dac was the same as heartwinter sent to us... Doesn't work...

As a test I downloaded the buffalo II code and uploaded it. Works at once (if I had a buffalo dac that is.). It would have been nice of heartwinter wich version of the Arduino IDE he used to get the code to work.

Brgds

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.