• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

High-End Tube preamp with ECC88

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tube preamp with ECC88

Hi
Please for this schematics preamplifier with ECC88, send some good power supply.
thanks

Attachments

• 6922(ECC88)-schematics.gif
    6922(ECC88)-schematics.gif
    5 KB · Views: 837
Guys, I want to tube preamplifier that I create will be different from the MOSFET or bipolar transistor preamplifier!?:nownow:
Preamplifier will give one a real tube sound!!:up::hphones::violin:
That's why your offer a schematics or projects.
thank you!

I say that if you like what you hear, do not change it!

Except the power supply regulator, as recommended. How is the noise performance? Do you hear any hiss?

Last edited:
The only better approach is the Lynn Olsen Raven style balanced transformer coupled preamps. Other than them Allens are top of what is possible with valves. Shoog

That's a bold statement! Lynn's transformer coupled approach is probably what I'd choose for a balanced preamp, but I believe you get better results with 26 or 4P1L single ended in filament bias - there's a whole thread on this called "26 pre amp". I did get good results with transformer coupled 26 and 01A and 10Y in a balanced preamp, it's true, and with a CCS under the tubes this avoids the nasties of bypassed cathode resistors. But I got better results with SE in filament bias. Mind - that's an approach pretty much confined to the 26, 4P1L and one or two other DHTs. But if we're talking ultimate performance I personally don't know any better than that.

andy

Hi artosalo!
Means to remove the buffer (C7, R25 and R27), then what will be the output impedance preamplifier?:confused::rolleyes:
At the beginning of the given schematics is very interesting, but I think there are several a few mistakes, they are: instead of ECC88 should be PCC88,
The power supply I have a few mistakes .....
I think I agree with my observations?
So please (this is true for all), give suggestions about what I should be changing for the seeds to get things right with the line stage gain (amplification) to 10x and the output resistance <1k?

thank you

Last edited:
Hi artosalo!
Means to remove the buffer (C7, R25 and R27), then what will be the output impedance preamplifier?:confused::rolleyes:
At the beginning of the given schematics is very interesting, but I think there are several a few mistakes, they are: instead of ECC88 should be PCC88,
The power supply I have a few mistakes .....
I think I agree with my observations?
So please (this is true for all), give suggestions about what I should be changing for the seeds to get things right with the line stage gain (amplification) to 10x and the output resistance <1k?

thank you

I mean that you can connect the anode of first triode directly to the grid of 2nd triode, but with having the grid stopper at the grid of the cathode follower.
So the DC-blocking capacitor C7 is not necessary as well as biasing resistors R25 and R27.

This has no influence to the output impedance of the whole circuit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.