• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

High-End preamplifier with ECC82!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't have one, I don't build with mosfets! My point is build what you want, don't care if it's a "trendy" circuit or not. If it measures well, this is it. If people do not like it, not your problem.

+1

Same thing applies to the tubes being used. If it ain't a mainstream tube, it ain't good enough... or so they say.. Much to the joy of those of us who like oddball tubes... :)

High-End preamplifier with 12AX7 (ECC83) !?

Hi all !!
If one is interested in making this a "High-End Preamplifier with 12AX7 (ECC83)", can give values ​​of components to give the schematic!?
Cheers !!

P.S.
Podrav do zemjakot Goran B.
Zemjak ubav e ovj predzasiluvac so ECC83!! Mnogu interesen, definiran i prijaten zvuk za slusanje dava,...

Last edited:
I am interested in component values..
Hi
Here they are:
R1=12k, R2=30k, R7=470k, R9=1M, R8=30k R10=100k, R11=2k7, R12=560k,
R13=100k, R14=1M, R15=1k5, R16=100k/o,5W, R17=1k/1W. Out P1=50k/log
all resistors with 1% metal film!!
C1=470nF/63V-MKP, C2=220nF/400V-MKP, C3=5p6/500V-stiroflex, C4=33pF, C5=220nF/400V-MKP
C6=3,3uF/100V-MKP, C7=100uF/350V, C8=100nF/400V.
Regards ;)

Attachments

• High-End Tube Preamplifier with 12AX7.pdf
    56.3 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
This is the frequency response of the complicated RC-network between the tube halves. There is practically no effect at the audio band.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

What is it for, execpt attenuator ?

The frequency response of which?
I do not understand, whose is this frequency response?
And where are the measurements of harmonics?
Well-filtered and stabilized DC-voltage Uf=2x6,3V/300mA
Well-filtred and stabilized DC-voltage Ua=+250 V/30mA!
For High-End preamplifier with 12AX7!!!
Regards !

Last edited:
See Frequency response!!?

Hi
(The network R12, R13, C3 and C4)
See frequency response Figure A (Слика A) !?
Cheers!

Attachments

• Mesuarements-S.jpg
    Mesuarements-S.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Sorry, I'm confused. In what sense of "high end" is this a high-end preamp? It uses high gain valves, but then attenuates much of the gain away. It has a relatively high (and variable) output impedance so cannot drive long cables. It has an equalisation network, for no apparent reason (except perhaps to compensate for stray capacitance in the high impedance attenuator?). It has to be high impedance because of the peculiar choice of valve. The only sense in which it might be considered 'high end' is that it is eccentric!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.