Hifonics BRZ 2100.1D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can use any sort of diode. LEDs will work at about 2v each. Standard diodes, about 0.6v each.

Build a negative regulator as is shown in section 23 of the audio troubleshooting page. A 1k resistor should work to bias everything on. Check the voltage before connecting the output of the regulator to the circuit.

One note, the diodes and LEDs will be forward biased, not reverse biased like the Zener.

Ok got it together and it is supply -5.1 volts to the driver board. With a 60hz signal on the RCA's ~1volt pp, I've got a square wave that corresponds on the output of TL072. If I reduce the volume it eventually turns into a somewhat normal looking wave but the lower the volume the more negative its pulled. Resting voltage of pin 1 is at -3.5 volts. With the source turned up there is a drive signal present on the outputs that appears to correspond with the input signal. It appears to be working more normal now than it has thus far. I wouldn't think that have a positive voltage on the negative supply of the opamp would have damaged it, but It also probably shouldn't be pulled negative with no signal. Should I replace it and recheck?

Ok, one of each output installed, jumper removed from r201 to pin 1, the amp powers up produces drive pulses on all the gate pads, pin 1 of the tl072 now has a nice clean triangle wave and the speaker output has a clean signal. I drove the output into an 4 ohm speaker at very low power and it seems to be stable and alive.

For the LM211 and -5 volt regulator, just any of the parts I find on digikey will be OK replacments as long as the package size matches? Seems like there are a lot of different suffixes on them?

One Last Question, It seems to work OK with the IRF640N parts I don't recall if it originally had the N suffix or if it was just the plain 640's. I think the gate capacitance and overall current capabilities are a little different between the part #'s Any input on which way to go with them?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.