• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Hi-end definitive vacuum tube phono pre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alex,
I believe you are making far too much of this.

Andrea published his "hi End definitive phono preamp and you critiqued it for
1/ using transformers and
2/ costing too much

The price is completely irrelevant if you are shooting for the very best. Some people mill their chassis from solid blocks of metal!

But I agree 100% with you complaint about using transformers, 100%.

But then you publish your "Reference Preamp" circuit which I find is 25 years out of date, in MY OPINION.

Now if you want to critue my circuits, you can find them at:

http://www.vacuumstate.com/index.tpl?rubrik=8&lang=2&a=%3A%B1%B6s%8D%7DYh&b=733865.5545984821

The FVP5A is my best shot at a cost effective unbalanced preamp, but the RTP3D is what I class as a definitive reference preamp.

Regards, Allen (Vacuum State0

The RTP3C and D are identical as far as the schematic goes, except that in the D we are using the MAT02/SSM2210 input device in the phono, not the jfets as shown.

Apart from a much better power supply where we use a choke input filter for the heater supplies and no electro caps, the other changes were component, silver wire and non magnetic resistors in the main.

Regards, Allen (Vacuum State)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.