Hey...found the Acoustat TNT-200 schematic! (and TNP preamp)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just sent the TNT-200 schematic to the poster above this one. I just scanned it via my new used Canon scanner. Seems to work nicely. It is a 330k 200dpi jpg file. I need email addresses so I can send the file. Sending me the email via private message also does no good, it is my work email. I think I'm going to change that right now, if I can. Or, conversely, see if I can reduce the jpg to a pure monochrome file, and it might be small enough to put here and still be high rez.

Nope...Not doable. (re: posting a workable image of the schematic) I might be imagining things - but it might be a purposeful aspect of the forum to stop bandwidth and copyright abusers. Sure does slow things down. K. I have changed my email, so I can now send and receive things from just about anywhere, and not be limited by being at work. I now have an iphone so I can send files while driving down the highway. Even in a blizzard. Like it's a priority or sumpthin'.

Wow, talk about dredging up a thread!

Fwiw, afaik, the VN and VP are Siliconix devices... they may or may not be available today, but Vishay now owns the company, and there may be a roughly equivalent device you can sub in from them, or maybe even from another mfr like zetex, etc...

_-_-bear

PS. Hans Zwuee (spelling?) has a website called ummm... audio circuit? audio circle??... with Acoustat info there... also in the section for ESLs on this site a lot of info...

Oh this is a rail swinger amp AKA QSC type design. where the outputs are grounded and the output is taken from the center of the power supply caps. the nice thing about these amps is that if an output device blows. No DC to the speaker. lots of PA amps are built this way now today but QSC was the first i think to do it on a large scale.

Hi all,

Anyone find, or come up with some simple mods to this wonderful amp(tnt200), to bring out the best in it? Upgraded the filter caps already to triple the original values, and also the rectifiers to Hexfreddies... What a beautifully simple, but superb sounding amp! Have 3 of these puppies, and still hunting... :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.