Hey...found the Acoustat TNT-200 schematic! (and TNP preamp)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AMV8 said:
KBK

Thanks for the schematic - very much appreciated.

Most of the semiconductors are readily available and I plan to build the pre and power amps.

Do you know the current munber for the semiconductors listed as
VP01
VN13

Don

Made out of unobtainium. Not available. I know of no replacement, the folks around here who do actual design work, might take a stab at finding a replacement. All I know is that they are pure actual FETs.

TNT 200 schematic here

Here is the TNT200 schematic

This amplifier is perhaps one of the best I heard on Acoustat electrostatics. There's a great syvergy with these

Attachments

• 9121cmaco-sch-acoutwi#399ee.jpg
    9121cmaco-sch-acoutwi#399ee.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 2,222
for folks that are curious about such things, you can also examine jim's patents for the circuits used in TNP preamp and TNT amps.

visit your favorite patent site and look for:
Preamp is United States Patent US4496910
Power amp is United States Patent US4467288

the amp became the transnova series when hafler took over. the driver stage changed (from supertex mosfets to jfets then bipolars). you can see the schematics for these at the hafler web site.

enjoy ...
mlloyd1

Hi, I'm a newby. I'm hoping someone can send the higher res TNT and/or TNP schematics my way. I've got a TNP/TNT combo that I'm in the process of reviving (to drive 2+2s). I've considered the possibility of bridging the TNT, but need to see if it's a common ground design.

Thanks,
Dane (jdstarling@mindspring.com)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.