Hertz HP1D problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
257khz

Yes is audible, and there is also the popping audible in the video. On 74hc595 the square wave are not clean, not well visible. Can be there the problem? Please tell me if you want more info

Attachments

• NewFile5.bmp
    146.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Replaced C13 with 1000pf cap. Now frequency is 228khz. Noise is not reduced and still visible at scope: it isn't a sine, but a little spike (like overshoot and oscillation). C13 is the only component that fix rail to rail oscillation frequency? Can be only the incorrect value of the C13 that give this wrong frequency?

Note: C13 is the cap from pin 1 to 2 of TL072 on my board version

Last edited:
I lost track of the thread. I forgot noise was the issue.

I think the confusion about the input and signal ground may have been due to counting the pins in reverse.

The amp cannot produce output (so no noise) without the oscillation. Are you saying that when oscillation is completely absent, the amp is producing noise?

I tried installing the amplifier in my car. In the video you can see it. But now I start over, because while playing audio (at low volume) 4 output fets failed with irs21844. I haven't enough IRFP264, can I install IRFP4229 on one side and IRFP264 on the other side for tests?

I don't think the 4229 is compatible but I can't say for certain that it's not compatible. I'd suggest the FDA24N40F.

If you're ordering from a source that doesn't pack the IRS21844S ICs with desiccant and a humidity card, buy from a different source. Also be careful not to apply too much heat or apply the heat for too long. These ICs are very sensitive.

The following image shows recently unpacked IC (different IC but same type of packing). They were opened about 2 months after being shipped and the humidity card is still blue. The card will start to turn from blue to pink as soon as the package is opened so this package was obviously sealed.

Attachments

• DSCN3904bx.jpg
    DSCN3904bx.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 137
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.