• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Hermes-BBB/Botic cape for BeagleBone Black

Ooooh, music is playing here!
2ad399896782dea0e04f299acac23567.jpg

Just thrown together for now, but working first time and sounding great so far :)

You could very definitely still have configuration errors - but since you have music at one DAC it seems the Cronus/Hermes are working as planned. So I would concentrate my effort down the line. :) There is likely just some small error in wiring or DAC config.

OK, I just tried the left channel DAC with SPDIF and both it and the IvyIII are fine. There must be something that I'm missing. The SPDIF switch is set to off and the other DIP switches are set as they were before (for SPDIF dual-mono output).
I have connected DCK, D1 and D2 to both DACs and GND is connected between them (as the left channel DAC shares a Placid with the Cronus).

Should I be connecting D1 to one DAC and D2 to the other?

I'm still a little worried about LED3 not lighting. It definitely works and is in the correct way round.

Last edited:
OK, I'm an idiot.

After taking everything apart and reconnecting (making sure that there was continuity on the data lines) everything is working perfectly! Still no LED3 lit, but that obviously doesn't matter.

Now if I could just get Botic to remember my remote storage location and get mpdroid working...
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited: