• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Hermes-BBB/Botic cape for BeagleBone Black

While we wait for production/delivery of these boards, I would like to know if the headers will be pre-soldered ?
I ask because I would prefer an up/down board configuration, as opposed to up/up configuration. Photos attached.
I understand the up/up configuration is suitable for direct-stacking onto a Buffalo+I/V, but I have different DAC hardware.

Attachments

• up-down.jpg
    up-down.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 792
  • up-up.jpg
    up-up.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 783
While we wait for production/delivery of these boards, I would like to know if the headers will be pre-soldered ?
I ask because I would prefer an up/down board configuration, as opposed to up/up configuration. Photos attached.
I understand the up/up configuration is suitable for direct-stacking onto a Buffalo+I/V, but I have different DAC hardware.
Another vote for non-presoldered headers here :) I may go for right angle headers on mine so I can have the BBB/hermes/cronus in a U shape and keep it all compact in my case rather than spread out in a long strip.

Are you guys still on track to dispatch the first batches this week?

Yes, I have been kitting like crazy. I decided, last minute, to change the LEDs I am shipping with the Hermes-BBB so that they could be optionally mounted directly on the board, so that caused a minor delay. A few orders have already gone out, but the bulk will go out tonight and tomorrow.

Incidentally, I am going to be on vacation next week, so I need to get everything shipped by Saturday.

I'll post some pictures of the kits tonight. I have tried to include all the headers you will need. For the 20-pin headers that go between the DAC/Cronus/Hermes, you get both a female and male for each position, so you have a good deal of flexibility in how you stack/connect. You could use 90deg headers in several positions, but I am only including straight stacking headers.

Yes, I have been kitting like crazy. I decided, last minute, to change the LEDs I am shipping with the Hermes-BBB so that they could be optionally mounted directly on the board, so that caused a minor delay. A few orders have already gone out, but the bulk will go out tonight and tomorrow.

Incidentally, I am going to be on vacation next week, so I need to get everything shipped by Saturday.

I'll post some pictures of the kits tonight. I have tried to include all the headers you will need. For the 20-pin headers that go between the DAC/Cronus/Hermes, you get both a female and male for each position, so you have a good deal of flexibility in how you stack/connect. You could use 90deg headers in several positions, but I am only including straight stacking headers.
Brilliant, thanks :)
Sounds like a well deserved holiday

Russ, Congratulations to you and all involved for getting this wonderful project into our hands I am very intrigued that have been using your Hermes/Cronus/BBB as a UPnP device and have since ordered the pair from you. If you have a chance, I would love to hear how you configured your setup. Also if you might be able to provide some advise for SPDIF output.

Keith

The reclocking/relocking just alignes I2S/DSD/SPDIF signal incoming from the BBB and galvanic isolator to the master clock. So this eliminates jitter.

No upsampling is performed by Cronus... stream with 44.1kHz sample rate stays on the 44.1kHz sample rate... but perfectly aligned to the master clock.

Thanks Miero but will the out put from BBB USB port will have these options available or is it only through the Hermes amanero option?

Here is how you can use Cronus:
* PC -> Amanero -> Hermes-Amanero -> Cronus -> DAC
* BBB -> Hermes-BBB -> Cronus -> DAC

Both options should have equal electrical/timing/jitter signal quality, because the signal is 'fixed' by Cronus.