Hemp Coaxial

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
panomaniac said:
Thanks Dutch! I did model those values in software and it looks like a x-over point of about 1200Hz, with a big dip at that point. But that's just based on a flat 8 ohms in each section, not real curves.

It's that big cap in the LP section that puzzles me. ~13uF would be the more expected value.

If I get a chance today I'll run impedance plots on the drivers, that would be better for x-over modeling. FR curves will have to wait.

That 15" Angel must be a lot of fun. Bouncing the pictures, eh? :D

edit:

No, never did put that one together, tho I'd like to. Maybe some day.....

yes I did deviate from acepted values and the large cap was to tone the shout from of the low frequency section that will result if it is not controlled with a crossover,I was using the resulting frequency curves as reference.
I will see if I have the responce from the individual elements. unfortunatly I don't have the C08 driver here now, so I would only have the files I took at the time. I can do some more plots of the C015V though as well as off axis plots of it. But Don't shoot me I'm only the cabinet guy.

Thanks for your help modeling the crossover, i will look up the values for the C015v as well and you can check it too if you have the time. I will keep looking through the test files I took and copy them over. I thought the Fs was very high on the co8 inch and I think for my aplication it would be better if it were closer to 45hz like the FR8
cheers
Andrew

Aloha Michael, nice picture of you, and those blue monsters look great, I would have figured the 18 inch too big too, but bigger I guess is always better . hey nice web site too. let me know if you figure a good crossover, I find that the HF is slightly late and if you can shift the phase back enough on the bass it would be better or maybe a delay circut on the LF. Or a 4th order low pass on the bass to cut it off faster and 1st order on the HF as it does not need much control. Dutch

Thanks, Chris. Things are fine, just evolving a different direction-partly by choice partly by life :)

Erik

PS: Our initial testing was done with a few prototype drivers before the HA line was officially out. What I have for sale is a current-lineup C015v pair that was purchased to build a show set of speakers that never materialized. Thats why they have never even been fitted...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.