Help with JL 500/1 2nd one

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Perry Babin said:
You're correct Q400 drives pin 8 of the 10 pin connector which goes to pin 13 of the PWM driver board. This transistor is controlled by pin 1 of U400. The amp is probably shutting down due to a fault and the protection circuit is sending a shutdown signal to U400.
What I am seeing is the U400 side dip a little. When the voltage dips d400 shuts off completely. Waits half a second then turn back on. U400 never shuts off voltage just dips slightly. I am assumming D401 is the same style diode. This diode does not behave that way.

Thanks for the part numbers and measurements.

The voltage on pin 1 of U400 should swing from ~1v (when Q400 is on) to nearly 12v (when Q400 is off).

Q401 is used to switch power to a different circuit so it won't react the same way as Q400. I think this controls the power supply to the low voltage transformer drive circuit.

With the scope probe grounded directly to the ground terminal of the amp and the probe on the B+ terminal of the amp, 'precisely' how low is the voltage dropping across the B+ and ground terminals as the amp tries to power up?

Perry,

It'll be a couple days before I can get the power supply drive transistors off. I don't have a good enough solder iron station at home for that. Since these are toast and prevent the pwm from driving the transistors. I want to make sure I am just not overpowering the drive circuit of the pwm before I debug the pwm supply circuit any further.

Your a valuable resource on this forum thanks again!

First off, thanks for your help so far!

Does anyone know where to locate the data sheet for the diode? I've checked ICMaster.com and of course google. I cant seem to find what kinds of specs it needs to find a replacement.

T432
SFI606G
-|>|.|<|- <--- thats the symbol on it, two diodes pointing at

eachother.

^^^ Thats what I see, for sure one side of the diode is bad

If anyone know the specs, or an known working replacement, then I should have this amp up and running today.

Thanks in advance,
Alan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.