HELP- with heatsink-amp connection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
heres a pic of my eti amp,i need to fix it to this heatsink

it has 5 holes already in the bracket..only 2line up.

how many screws should i use? as many as possible

if i drill lots more holes,wont that reduce the amount of surface area contacting the heatsink..so how many?

should i use the existing 2,and drill 2 more,that makes it even.

or should i drill 4 more,making 6 screws in total

btw it doesnt need such a large heatsink,but later i might bridge it with another..

also im going to add some limiting transistors on output to stop it from drawing too much current.

<50watt into 8ohm amp class a/b>

also,should i smear heatsinking compound onto the bracket-heatsink face? it doesnt say to in the manual but it couldnt hurt if i have some left over.

:)

Attachments

• ampheat.jpg
    ampheat.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 119
LOL....Mike your picture is so small that its hard to judge.....give us some dimensions....like Length of the heat sink

A good nominal figure would be every 3 inches or so and compound would be good also

a few holes wont decrease the effieciency any

Cheers!!The DIRT®

dont u love tiny webcams

sorry :p

there is already 5holes at about 27mm apart,but only the 2 end ones match up with heatsink..

about13cm long bracket and 30cm long heatsink

35mm long fins 10mm apart
:)

should i put 2 screws each side near the transistors themselves,leaving none in the middle? or put 2 there too lol/.

Attachments

• amp2.jpg
    amp2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 114
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.