help me to build a SUB amp and filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Filter taken is from Rob Elliot DIY Audio Site - Sub-Woofer Controller

That filter is called a shelving filter. It's a high-pass followed by a low-pass and it's intended for extending the sub's coverage of the lower end of the frequency spectrum. If you are having issues with LF coverage due to the design of your sub or the room you're using for the sub, that's not a bad option. However, you will need an actual cross-over filter between the sub and the side speakers. The easiest is, honestly, to buy one off the shelf - like the Ashly XR1001. $100-ish shipped on eBay - less than what you'd spend building your own.

If you insist on building your own, I suggest looking at an LR4 (4th order Linkwitz-Riley). You don't have to follow all the hair math. Just jump to the conclusion (figure 2 in the .pdf).

~Tom

dear friends I read all ur replies. thanks ,,,,thank you very much. yesterday during my browsing I saw an assembled amp using TIP142 and TIP147 Transistors(4 nos of TIP142 and 4nos of TIP 147). it is a 450 watts amp having less components. will u plz follow this link so that u can see its pic( link in ur pvt message in box)

hey, the link is not opening. but is it a kit or DIY project. But still i admire your guts :) . u see electronics circuit making is a litttle fuzzy thing, u make the circuit as per diagram, connect the speakers and power , and switch On, there is only 50% prob that the thing will work, as per the case with me, some loose joint , some wire not connected , or some debries between PCB track, so only in second try u get the thing working. and since u have a costly driver , never connect it directly to a newly build amp...
if u wanna hands-on with electronics, i''ll suggest to make a cheap 40W amp usinf TDA2050, the chip is damn cheap and is easily ava in india. good for 6 ohm. and u can make it in one day.., u'll get a flavour of DIYing, and then only try with a bigger project

can u giveme the parts list, PCB and circuit diagram?

Rob Elliot's project48 is good with ne5532. TDA7294 bridge is available in datasheet.

Kuldeep's advise is good, try one-by-one TDA2030/2050. First make your hands strong for heavy weight work-outs. 7294-mono is also not bad. Make your amp on standard dotted pcb which is ready available to electronics shop. Make split power supply with 6amp diode & 50v rated caps which you can use for future projects. DIY is fun, make your own path. That's a fun. enjoy.

For TDA7294 see my thread " TDA7294 Stereo/Bridge with PSU ", and subwoofer filter must have low cut on 30Hz, boost +4dB up to 100Hz, X-over 80-250Hz, and stereo input for speaker or line signal like on pics with Kelvin amp. Kelvin amp can use TIP142/TIP147 with +/-45V DC.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.