help me to build a SUB amp and filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Also Iam not an expert in electronics

Eight Band Sub-Woofer Equaliser This may not be easy for fresher. Take a look for project48

eminence lab 12 6ohm driver

If I already purchased " eminence lab 12 6ohm driver " then I would think for Rod Elliott's 300W Subwoofer Power Amplifier (Project 68)

lm3886 or TDA7294 is not sufficient to run such a driver for me.

where can I saw project 68?

300/500W Subwoofer Power Amplifier

As per my knowledge,

In subwoofer sound wave quantity first, and than quality. subwoofer job is creating thrill in movies/music. For that, lot-off cone movement is required. To lift the cone (12" driver) TDA7294 (60watt approx) may not be sufficient. My idea is you have already purchased eminence lab 12 6ohm driver then noting wrong to try for TDA7294 bridge. Amps cost should not be more than Rs.300.00. Project68 may be good amp for running such a driver.

Hey, if you are new with electronics, i'll suggest Sub-Woofer Controller - for filter, its pretty simple , u can make the circuit on a general purpose PCB with in a budget of 60 Rs
and a chipamp based power amp...
Rod Elliott 300 W sub amplifier is a pretty big project. and with lm3886 or TDA7294, u can get easily >100 Watts power. (with 7294 u can get 100 Watts RMS)

Last edited:
Hey, if you are new with electronics, i'll suggest Sub-Woofer Controller - for filter, its pretty simple , u can make the circuit on a general purpose PCB with in a budget of 60 Rs
and a chipamp based power amp...
Rod Elliott 300 W sub amplifier is a pretty big project. and with lm3886 or TDA7294, u can get easily >100 Watts power. (with 7294 u can get 100 Watts RMS)

hi sir. I saw the picture of an assembled Rod Elliott 300 W sub amplifier. There I saw a little components. is it?

NE5532 is good low-noise op-amp. But be careful with 18v if it is single supply it may produce large power on thump. Split supply is better.

Can u give me a 200 watts rms amps diagram based on STK ic or some mosfet?

With TDA7294 bridge you can get good result.

hi sir. I saw the picture of an assembled Rod Elliott 300 W sub amplifier. There I saw a little components. is it?

It looks like that, but kuldeep is right "Rod Elliott 300 W sub amplifier is a pretty big project"

I have build TDA7294 for sub with long-throw 8" driver power by 35 +/- supply it is sounding good but I think sub needs more power and you already have good driver.

Ok, i can provide u the PCB design for Subwoofer filter. Filter taken is from Rob Elliot DIY Audio Site - Sub-Woofer Controller
The PCB i had designed for my personal use. My finished prototype you can see Here

By the way all the best for 300 W amp, but i can only help for making LM3886 amplifier.

Attachments

• subwoofer filter.jpg
    subwoofer filter.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 308
  • subwoofer filter.pdf
    96.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
In subwoofer sound wave quantity first, and than quality. subwoofer job is creating thrill in movies/music.

Above may be true for a home theater application, but certainly not for HiFi. I use my Dayton RSS315HF sub with a newly completed 500 W LME49811/STD03-based amp and found the amp upgrade to be well worth it. With a good amp, the bass is tight, precise and I find it integrating well with the low end of the side speakers.

A couple of bridged channels of LM3886 should give you upwards of 240 W into 4 ohms. That should be adequate for driving a sub. The LM3886 is a pretty solid amp.

~Tom

what is mean by PA system. I just want it to connect to my PC. Also Iam not an expert in electronics......

PA system = public address system as in discos, concerts, etc. The Lab 12 was developed with such a purpose in mind.

my friend is interested in my eminence lab 12. what is ur openion? is it a good one or i sell it and purchase another one?

That woofer is a very good one and certainly total overkill for a PC sound system.

Now that you have it, put i to good use. Mount it in a 100 l bass-reflex enclosure tuned to 25-30 Hz to get > 30 Hz out of it or in a 50 l closed box for ~ 40 Hz. Thanks to its excellent efficiency you can get away with a 40-50 W chipamp. For the SPL you need at a PC in near-field even single-digit power output will be sufficient.

Of course a nice solid state amp with 100 W or more would be the cream topping on it. The drawback is that this type of woofer may leave you deaf pretty soon, if you make use of that amount of power.

i chose "Rod Elliott 300 W sub amplifier as my first serious project will u help me??????? is all the products available in india. help me to find a pcb or pcb designe

Be decent. Buy the PCB directly from Rod Elliott. But first consider seriously why he wrote: "DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS AMPLIFIER AS YOUR FIRST PROJECT".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.