Help finding 12" or 15" underhung drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
tinitus said:
Convergense, please, its due time we hear about the cost of these nice Altec clones from GPA :)

First they are not clones. These speakers are manufactured with the same tools and equipment purchased by Bill Hanuschak .HE was a loudspeaker production engineer, an acoustic design technician, and finally ended up as the only remaining in-house acoustic product engineer for the once-great professional audio company known as Altec Lansing

A pair of 416 goes for 550$ Alnico or ferrite.
a 604-8-H II duplex is 700$

Best thing is to call.

tinitus said:
Convergense, please, its due time we hear about the cost of these nice Altec clones from GPA :)

Bill Hanuschak worked for the Altec Lansing Corporation of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma from 1980 until Electro-Voice shut them down in 1998. During HISyears there, He was a loudspeaker production engineer, an acoustic design technician, and finally ended up as the only remaining in-house acoustic product engineer for the once-great professional audio company known as Altec Lansing

Bill bought the equipment to make these speakers. They are not clones.

If you want prices . You will have to contact him.

Convergence,

What is your relationship to GPA? I notice that someone posting on the Altec forums as Convergence is signing their posts as Great Plains Audio.

I love Altec gear and that they are being made again, and I agree that they are great drivers, but if you have a relationship with GPA, you should disclose it.

Cheers,

Jeff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.