Help! F2 /F2J Issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Help! F2 /F2J Issue-Resolved

Hi guys,
Finally I got to make my F2's right channel. Unfortuantely am not able to make it work.I did complete left channel and working fine. PCB are made by myself but should not be the reason as the left if working fine
How should I start trouble shooting?
I started with F2J on right side as I did F2 on left. Now when it is not working I changed my SJEP JFEt and put 100K for R6 and put R2 and Zener back.
There is 25Volt supply and reading 8v across C-E pins of ZTX550. But cant get any other voltages. What should I be looking for?Spent almost 3 hours changing of mosfets etc. No luck.
Any suggestions?

Found out to be layout issue. Made it work but will get new ones made.

Last edited:
It is the standard schematic of F2. Not sure where I messed up. But happy to hear from you Zen mod!
Placed an empty PCB to make comparison easier.

Attachments

• IMG_3916.jpg
    IMG_3916.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_3917.jpg
    IMG_3917.jpg
    707.7 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_3918.jpg
    IMG_3918.jpg
    643.3 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_3919.jpg
    IMG_3919.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 242
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 248
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
I do t think it is reversed, I checked with multimeter to confirms ( BE junction has higher voltage reading ). The ZTX550 has a flat face and semi flat face where they put the marking on. Usually flat surface faces us when reading the pin out configuration. But that surface also will have device labeling. Here the flatter surface is empty with a dot.

check R20, R21, R27 and traces for them

not fastest but somehow easiest approach - comparing good and bad channel - take ohm reading across every resistor

of course , amp off :)

write here when you find something suspicious

I checked twice for resistors, except R21 I guess charging cap shows climbing resistance in both channels. Nothing suspecious in values .
Voltage now exists between source and gate of IRFP9240, about 18V
Wish I know what is wrong?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.