Having the last word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobken said:

You still cannot read properly, even in this quite typical attempt at 'smokescreening' and trying to distract attention from the real issue, simply because you cannot now *sensibly* contradict my later and quite unnecessary 'expanded' explanations.

I don't want to contradict your long and windy explanations

There is *no* contradiction, whatsoever, as I said "off the top of my head" and this was about 14 years ago, so I was a few Hz out in my recollection!!!!! Big deal!

Regards,:)

In evidence A you said and I quote "bass will simply 'cut off' at a lowish frequency"

In evidence B you said "it is possible to make a *noise* under these circumstances". Circumstances being aforementioned lowish frequencies within the confines of a vehicle.

Then you complain of others instantly disagreeing.... :scratch:

Posted by JDeV
This is what I like about this forum. You ask a rather simple question, for the informed that is, and get usefull, logic and quit simple explanations/answers without any scuffy comments.

Thanx Dave and Steve, really appreciate.

What you have to remember that 'in topic' such as the gainclone thread, you will get good replys. On the fringe tho.. such as a thread titled 'Having the last word' where the topic of discussion is to have the last word in the thread please expect the 'jokers' and clowns

Some good comments to add

Hi Bob,
Thank you very much for your *as usual* most informative and complete explanation to your first post. It was a very entertaining read and you are quite correct about the other forum members. :nod:

It is just a shame that we had to 'prod' you to get a more elaborate explanation and when we do; your style of writing has a very condescending tone. :nod:

TED

SkinnyBoy said:
Hmmm, perhaps I should leave now...

Hi Skinnyboy,

No worries on my part, mate!:cool:

Your questions were sensible and deserved the right answers, which I attempted to provide.

It is unfortunate that things went downhill for a while, but facts are simply facts, and no amount of arguing, or theory, or whatever, will change that.

Anyway, you didn't want the thread to fizzle out, and it was high time one of us 'coffin-dodgers' showed we (still!) have some teeth! :goodbad:

I first discovered these severe limitations when trying (unsuccessfully!) to achieve similar levels of bass (to what I was enjoying in my home) in my Lotus Europa, way back in '75.

It was futile, no matter what I tried to do, but the 'living quarters' in that two-seater were just so small, and on later research, I discovered that this was the reason.

The car was so tiny inside that full luggage for a holiday was a packet of fags, a packet of rubbers, and a toothbrush!:eek:

Regards, :)

Hi,

Has anyone else had a drastic change in the page format today?

With my tired ol' eyes, I can hardly read the much smaller typeface which is now no bigger than in the 'posting panel', which I always had some difficulty with before. :bigeyes:

I'll need to get hold of some of Frank's "glasses for shortsighted people", if this is deliberate!:wink:

SkinnyBoy said:

lol, couldn't help myself.. but, my friends do have a bus.. :) onw of those small 20 seater ones... With a room air conditioner in it.. :D Would be great with a good sound system.. :)

I reckon you'd need some pretty substantial batteries to run a good sound system *and* a room air conditioner when the engine wasn't running, but you will get lower bass in this larger cabin.

In a more recent car of mine which I bought in '89 (a Supra Turbo) which has a larger cabin space than the Lotus did, the bass did go lower, but this was the system which I referred to earlier in this thread, which still went 15/20 Hz lower in my living room. :bawling:

I think you'd readily notice the change in the page format I mentioned (if it is like mine!) as the typeface is probably only half of the size it has been for many weeks.

As for any 'fans', when you get to my age, you don't worry much about such things really.:goodbad:

I am just sad to see so much unnecessary contradiction and nit-picking which inevitably arises almost whenever some people post their experiences, especially when the 'detractors' clearly don't fully understand the subject.:nod:

Bobken said:

I reckon you'd need some pretty substantial batteries to run a good sound system *and* a room air conditioner when the engine wasn't running, but you will get lower bass in this larger cabin.

In a more recent car of mine which I bought in '89 (a Supra Turbo) which has a larger cabin space than the Lotus did, the bass did go lower, but this was the system which I referred to earlier in this thread, which still went 15/20 Hz lower in my living room. :bawling:

I think you'd readily notice the change in the page format I mentioned (if it is like mine!) as the typeface is probably only half of the size it has been for many weeks.

As for any 'fans', when you get to my age, you don't worry much about such things really.:goodbad:

I am just sad to see so much unnecessary contradiction and nit-picking which inevitably arises almost whenever some people post their experiences, especially when the 'detractors' clearly don't fully understand the subject.:nod:

Ohh, yeah, forgot to say, they have a 1.5Kw petrol generator in the bus too.. :rolleyes: Enough power? :D lol (The generator makes mains voltage.. lol)

I noticed no page format difference.. :)

I don't like disagreements.... :(

SkinnyBoy said:

Ohh, yeah, forgot to say, they have a 1.5Kw petrol generator in the bus too.. :rolleyes: Enough power? :D lol (The generator makes mains voltage.. lol)

I noticed no page format difference.. :)

I don't like disagreements.... :(

Hi,

You will be fine then, it must be an impressive setup.:bigeyes:

Make sure you don't asphyxiate yourseves though with any fumes or CO! :bawling:

I guess you have an outside exhaust or whatever. :nod:

Thanks for the knowlege that the screen prob must be just me, although goodness knows what I am going to do about it!:goodbad:

I also, intensely dislike disagreements and will not resort to some peoples' ill-mannered personal attacks, but where the truth needs to be told (in case it matters to other readers, and it often does) I will hold my own for as long as is necessary.

There is no triumph, nor any winners, in *any* dispute, though, merely whoever happens to come off the least bad, and it is most regrettable that the situation is sometimes forced upon one.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
IE.

Hi,

Oh bum! What OS and version of I.E., or whatever, are you using?

Bob,

In case you still have a hard time reading the pages and you experience the same outside the forum (other webpages etc.) just go to the menubar of IE and select View,Textsize...now see to what that is set and change it to suit your screen size and resolution.

If that doesn't work I'll send some of those glasses.:cool:

Cheers,;)

Re: IE.

fdegrove said:
Hi,

Bob,

In case you still have a hard time reading the pages and you experience the same outside the forum (other webpages etc.) just go to the menubar of IE and select View,Textsize...now see to what that is set and change it to suit your screen size and resolution.

If that doesn't work I'll send some of those glasses.:cool:

Cheers,;)

Hi Frank,

How much for the glasses?;)

If they are pricey, seeing as I am just a cheapskate, can I just have half a pair initially (and squint!), to see how I get on with them? :goodbad:

Thanks for the suggestion re. I.E. settings, but I only have this problem with this Forum, and all others seem to be OK.

I don't wish to amend it across the board, of course, as then all of the other texts will be rather too large. :eek:

I don't know if you have seen my thread "Strange cursor behaviour", but you will see from this thread that this latest change is not the only one I have experienced lately.

In reality, it is not exactly a disaster the way it is now, but it is very much smaller text, similar to that in the 'Reply box', and I nearly always needed to do an 'edit' before because, when I used to see the 'final' post in larger size, I readily saw all my spelling errors etc. Now, I cannot see them so readily, as the size is virtualy the same, and I appear to get sufficient criticism, already, without making any unnecessary booboos.

Now I think of it, I seem to recall that in my early days on the Forum, the text was smaller then but I could be wrong here.:nod:

Anyway, thanks for the help and support, it is appreciated, as always.:)

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.