Hard Rock Bands

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sick of it All
Pantera
Cathedral (from my home town)
Bolt thrower (as above)
Napalm Death (as above)
Carcass

far too many 80s-90s rock/metal/hardcore to mention, NOT forgetting the classics from a wee bit earlier ~(Sabbath, Maiden, Metallica, Zep etc etc)

@ Rullnuffs :Dand not forgetting Van Halen solo on Thriller....AND MALMSTEEN WOAH.... wait a minute...At the Gates......ah the memories......Amorphis...?

Last edited:
I am old enough to remember when Quiet Riot took the Billboard #1 spot away from The Police Synchronicity. I was listening to lots of The Cars, Neil Young, King Crimson, and David Lindley albums back then. I'm not sure who my favorite hard rock band of the 80s would be... no, not Loverboy or Joan Jett! I never found much appeal in hardcore/speed/death metal either. Lemmy Kilmister is a legend, I just didn't help make him one. "Hardcore" has plenty of adherents though and I'd agree there's worse things to listen to.

Last edited:
I am old enough to remember when Quiet Riot took the Billboard #1 spot away from The Police Synchronicity. I was listening to lots of The Cars, Neil Young, King Crimson, and David Lindley albums back then. I'm not sure who my favorite hard rock band of the 80s would be... no, not Loverboy or Joan Jett!

Hahah I used to sing I love rock n roll being pushed about Woolworths as a toddler so it has a certain nostalgic value.....Hardcore was really just a short phase i went through before grunge came along, or perhaps a dicotomy(?) either way there wasnt much space, if any, between the obsessions ;)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.