Hard Rock Bands

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
lduarte1973 ,

Since you like Iron Maiden you can check out the Bruce Dickinson solo albums - Tattooed Millionaire, Accident of Birth, Chemical Wedding.

If you haven't already listened to, then would I recommend Dio, Def Lepard and AC/DC. And yes Rush.

-Zia

thanks , but i´m not a big fan of bruce´s solo work.

Def lepard is one of my favourite , and so is AC/DC , Dio i like them too.

Have you ever listened to ASAP adrian smith solo project ?

Not originally a rock band but started with rock on their b sides The Sweet did some good stuff later on. Look for The Sweet Sweet FA, this is a very good rock album. Most of the tracks are on youtube.

Should have added the Sweet album "Give us a wink", great stuff for the time.

Good Sweet tracks to look up on youtube.
Set me free.
Yesterdays rain.

I'm listening to Jo Jo Gunne - Jumpin' The Gunne. I always see the critics calling them a boogie band, but this album is at least as much riff as rhythm. I'm a fan of the band Spirit, and that led me to this band. The two have little in common other than Jay Ferguson. Anyway, something a little different that's meant to be played LOUD.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hmmm not sure if it will fit in but you could consider some other (than AC/DC) aussie rock bands, from the era you like.

The Angels
YouTube - ‪The Angels - No Secrets‬‏
YouTube - ‪The Angels - Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again (1976)‬‏ You get extra lycics if you ever watch this live in Austraila after the am I ever going to see your face again, the crowd yells out no way get $%^&*(, $%^& off ;)

The Radiators
YouTube - ‪Radiators : 'Coming Home' - music video‬‏
YouTube - ‪The Radiators - Gimme Head "LIVE"‬‏

Rose Tatoo
YouTube - ‪Rose Tattoo - We Can't Be Beaten (1982)‬‏
YouTube - ‪Rose Tattoo - Rock 'n' Roll Outlaw (1978)‬‏

possibly Midnight Oil (10-1 or less so Red sails in the sunset) Peter Garret the lead singer is now a federal politician.

YouTube - ‪Midnight Oil - Saturday Night at the Capitol part 1 - Only The Strong‬‏
YouTube - ‪Midnight Oil - Short Memory (1983)‬‏

Tism

YouTube - ‪This Is Serious Mum - TISM - (He'll Never Be An) Old Man River‬‏
YouTube - ‪This Is Serious Mum - TISM - Greg! The Stop Sign‬‏

Machine Gun Fellatio

YouTube - ‪Machine Gun Fellatio : 'Girl of my Dreams' - music video‬‏
most of the MGF I couldn't post ;) Awesome live, unfortunately no longer together.

Tony.

Last edited:
WOLFMOTHER is the new face of rock.
So retro, so futuristic, it hits so hard, its hard to imagine its only 3 people.

Addictive melodic, rythmic, and skillfull. I was pretty blown when my wife brought their tunes home.

Think Led Zepplin crossed with Great Funk Railroad. If they lived in the 60's, they would be legends today. They make you feel like cracking open a beer at the dawn of day and driving around in a large cabriolet with the top down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDhx2eJVr4M White unicorn
YouTube - ‪Woman - Wolfmother‬‏ Woman
YouTube - ‪Wolf Mother - Joker And The Theft‬‏ Joker and the thief
YouTube - ‪Wolfmother - Love Train‬‏ Love Train
YouTube - ‪Wolfmother - Far Away‬‏ Far away ( a little diffirent to their regular stuff)

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Check the european scene

Hi,

Most of the stuff suggested here seems to be US and aussie bands. I remember well that in the late 80's early 90's hardrock/metal was a big thing here in europe too, specially in germany and the old viking countries.
Some suggestions:

Europe: ‪Europe - The Final Countdown‬‏ - YouTube
King Diamond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJH0eBtnbcs&ob=av2e
Kreator: ‪Kreator-Violent Revolution (High Quality)‬‏ - YouTube

An US based band not to well known you might like:
Milennium: ‪Millenium - Wheels Are Turning‬‏ - YouTube

My fav dutch rockband atm, peter pan speedrock:
‪Peter Pan Speedrock‬‏ - YouTube

Regards,

René

we know that Led Zeppelin still rules the world :D

we all love the music of our teens and to me that was bands like iron maiden , whitesnake , van halen , journey, foreigner , 80´ stuff.
i´m sure if my teens had been in the 70´s Led Zeppelin would be my absolute favourite band , they are that good :)

My teens were in the 80's (15 years old in 1980)

I put Led Zep cause the title of the thread is "Hard Rock bands" and I considered them hard rock when I was a teen and still do, plus they were awesome lol.. Bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest etc were considered Heavy Metal as I grew up..

I started out listening to hard rock like Nazareth, Ted Nugent, Kiss, then Black Sabbath,AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Scorpions, Accept, Metallica, Anthrax etc... I was a big metal fan as a teen and into my 20's.. Still blast some metal on guitar a lot but don't listen to it that much other than when it's on the radio driving etc..

Anyhow here's some hard rock that was considered Heavy Metal back in the day, and I was about 17 at the year of this vid:cool: ‪Judas Priest - The Hellion/Electric Eye - Riding on the Wind‬‏ - YouTube

Here's a blast from the past from some young rockers who were all under 19-18 when this vid came out way back. Use to jam this song a lot with a drummer friend when we were younger :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztz8nUbPtsE

Gotta love when the guitars kick in together on this one after the cheesy intro is over :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LMw_tvSY9Q

Last edited:
Well... The old Metalica stuff is quite hard even today. I'm listening much to the newer stuff, like Terror and such bands. It has a newer sound than Metallica, but Metallica is harder and simply more badass.
Accept is quite good too, saw them live last summer and they put up a good show with good music.

Well... The old Metalica stuff is quite hard even today. I'm listening much to the newer stuff, like Terror and such bands. It has a newer sound than Metallica, but Metallica is harder and simply more badass.
Accept is quite good too, saw them live last summer and they put up a good show with good music.

I remember buying the Kill Em All album when it first came out and then learning to play Seek and Destroy.. It was a great first album, same with that first Iron Maiden album...

Now I listen to smoother sounds lol... Norah Jones anyone?, perhaps some Melody Gardot :D

Cheer's:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.