Happy birthday SY!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the opposite problem they have multiplied and then moved back in.

I have had this recurring dream / nightmare for several years. My daughter moved to the other side of the country with her new husband. I started having this dream of her coming back home with two kids, a dog, and a white van at the same time I get laid off from my job.

The husband is now gone, she has two kids and no job, but the dog left, and I bought her a $500 Honda Civic. I am screwed if she gets a white van and the dog comes back.

Amen - once the kids moved out my "inner" kid moved right in.

My wife will tell you that my inner kid never left. When you grow up, you grow old. When you start to grow old, you start to die. I will stay a kid for as long as I can get away with it.

Joined 2006
Paid Member

Attachments

• Counselor Lee.gif
    Counselor Lee.gif
    94.8 KB · Views: 67
Was that you reason for buying the Civic, so she couldn't trade it for a white van?

No it was because I am in Florida, she is in Seattle and her old Dodge Neon lost its timing belt. It's too far away for me to go fix it and she has no money, so the First Bank of Dad financed her third car. Same terms as the first and second, zero interest and infinite payback time. Technically this one is a Christmas present, along with the Xbox and the Kinect and.........

The car was easy, I had to stand in a Black Friday line at Target for the Xbox while Sherri was in a line at Walmart for the Kinect. No pepper spray here but there were a few fights.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
When my wife and I first saw that ad, our immediate reaction was, "Counseling would work better if there were more counselors like that!"

I had a U.S. Navy version of that when I wuz in boot camp. Chief Peterson - I still remember that name. In his prime he was the Pacific Fleet Middleweight Boxing Champ. He was around 50 y/o when I knew him and most likely could have fought a half dozen of us youngsters with one arm tied behind him. He was a great guy to have for a D.I.

"Tobacco free Florida" whoever they are have been running a major TV ad campaign featuring similar rather gross pictures including an aorta removed from a corpse that is clogged full of nasty stuff, and interviews of a familly who lost their mother at 40 years old to lung cancer. The ads seem to target the NFL football games and shows watched by the 18 to 40 year old market.

I intend to be a 12 year old at heart until the end.

And on that note, my saintly and overly-patient wife just gave me my present, a first edition of Alfred P. Morgan's "The Boy Electrician." 1913, pre vacuum tube. It shows how to make a wireless receiver with a coherer. There's a chapter entitled "Electrical Appurtenances." Really wonderful!

Have this ?-- it's from the Shaker Hts. public library and was "de-accessioned" and bought by mom:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The XYL should have thrown in a copy of any Booth Tarkington novella from the same era.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.