Hand Made SATA Cable for CAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the potential value of feeding a disk from a separate supply, but only if I had already managed to measure the spinning disc modulating the output of the data stream somehow. let's be honest, no one has ever managed to measure that- have they. Maybe one day they might, till then i'll sleep easy using the cables that came in the box.

without isolation it should be fairly easy to see the spinning disc modulating the ground and this both digital and analogue signal. if the psrr is sufficient you wont know, if not, you will. if isolated however it becomes a bit more a just in case scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by marce
A quick question for you, how can a light switch on almost instantly when electron drift velocity is only approx 84mm an hour

Enlighten us, please!
The electromagnetic wave;Ralph Morrison, "The Fields of Electronics"

Well, the system may be able to send and receive the correct 1's and 0's, but it only appears to be the identical because the system samples the data digitally. If viewed through an analogue scope you will be able to see that the 1's will have a less organic shape when transferred through a bad cable. Audio is analogue, and these analogue component of the bits result in the often-heard differences that occur even though the bits are totally identical.
WOW:D
Try looking at some waveforms through a 13GHz scope, specially DDR memory, that will buffer your SATA data at some point in the data transmission.

Consider me well beat:smash: never mind the EMC problems with home made SATA cables, anyway happy Christmas

Response from Yatin Narsai in South Africa:
I received the silver sata cables a few days ago and have allowed for some burn in time in the system.

What can I say, the improvement in SQ is definite!
I get lower a noise floor giving better definition to low level details.
This is like doing a power supply upgrade and more.
Do you understand why this is the case?
Perhaps the all important mobo chipset sees a superior ground connection?

Thank you very much for sharing - I think you should go mainstream and offer this product to the public.

I presume if it is going to be sold to the public it will be fully tested for EMC compatability, as cables can be one of the main culprits for emmisions. This is one reason why with digital and messing about with things like this they have to be done correctly, with the correct equipement and design criteria, and testing.
Pinkmouse, same here, in my case its getting older I hope...

Of course these sata cables have been fully tested
Most pioneers of cat user in Taiwan were senior engineer of 3C field
May I remind you ,most of the MB were Design in Taiwan
So we have a wealth of test resources
In fact ,There are hundreds of users using this sata cable within a month
just only in Taiwan & Hong Kong

If you still do not know that sata cable will affect the sound
May be you could wait the commet of qusp

Last edited:
So I would expect good engineering practice...
Done motherboards myself as well as other very complex boards, the proof will be when the empirical data is published, with a full explanation.
As a lot of people dont have an engineering background and probably dont spend 5-6 days a week working on electronic product development, so many calims are made that have no foundation in engineering practice and quite often claims are made about audio reproduction improvements that are baseless. I think this is wrong, bad engineering practice, and leeds to us being labeled audiophools in other areas of electronics.
So I look forward to your brief theseis as to how SATA cables can improve sound, ignore grounding issues and such like as if your PC boots up in a morning you can be pretty shure your current SATA cabkle is working...................
My biggest peave is digital electronics engineering done by ear:scratch:
Nowt personal, but you cannot do development without the careful and time consuming collection and recording of data and facts.

Don´t waste your time with Seriel ATA!
The best sound without a doubt you get from some well engineered IDE drives. German senior audiophiles have heard this as 3 times more dramatic improvement!
Most hunted for are well matured Samsung 320GB Spinpoints drives jumpered as SLAVE, running on an Intel ICH2 IDE Controller rev. B0. Beware! Later revisions sound edgy!
Finetuning with endless listening sessions for the best 40 pole cable are still in progress but you can expect a real winner. Rumors intensify around some UDMA/33 IDE cables delivered by a still *secret* Taiwanese manufacturer.
All this you best pair with the Intel chipset beta hotfix driver released at the end of January 2003. We talk about Windows 98SE of cause, all other OS´s are way to overloaded with all their tasks to ever be in the audiophile league we talk about here!
More surprises to be announced soon here!

Always keep an open mind!

P.S.: when you can´t hear it you are deaf or your system simply is not resolving enough!!
Hello, i only quote myself here to state once and for that all that these findings are pure nonsense and the complete post was meant sarcastic.
Over PM i had a question about this and it was stated another forum already has linked to my "findings" :)
To be honest i don´t know if i should laugh or cry...

Status
Not open for further replies.