Guide to build Hypex Modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Suggest you do a search on this in this website and hypx. UCD/Bruno recommends floating the ground. I have done this before and it works fine.

You can float it from AC safety ground yes, but you normally still need 0V reference return for those things that are not balanced. (that is, your "GND" pin on UcD should still be connected back to the supply, if not to AC GND) Anyway, I was trying to solve a problem that did not exist, as it had seemed at the time that his enable line was not seeing 0V.

Then we realized the issue was that he did not have enough voltage. (having overlooked the need for +/-50V) It maybe the enable line was OK after all.
With the supplies in series, both modules work nicely (thanks eclectic2k). Perhaps the old modules worked with a floating ground, but the newer ones do not?
great to hear it worked out! :)

it works....allmost!!

hello together
After a prolonged stay abroad, I have finally time for my project.
I have finally done it ... it runs. With your help I did it. Thank you for that;). Now I have a little problem. One of the 12 HxR regulator (on the right UCD module - HPR12) does not work, has no light. Here you can hear a small click and the blue LED flashes ... and I think something tastes like burnt. I immediately turned off. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Thank you for your help :eek:

Attachments

• Foto.JPG
    Foto.JPG
    509.8 KB · Views: 1,041
...Nobody an idea?:confused:
Is this HxR Modul gone or do i have to check/try something else?

Thanks for an answer

Nope, no idea. There is either a short circuit, an open circuit (bad solder?), or the regulator is toast.

If you bought the UcD with HxR's pre-installed, I suggest you email Hypex and possibly arrange a return for repair. (maybe a charge for repair though)

If you installed the HxR's yourself, I suggest rechecking solder joints and such. Maybe check with an ohmmeter all the power rails. And of course you can always arrange a return to Hypex for repair. (I had to have a UcD repaired by them myself. Aside from expensive shipping they were good about it)

good luck.

Can an on/off switch be used to control PS Enable?

I would like to control PS Enable on the NC122Mp board using an on/off switch.
The data sheet states that the Main SMPS needs to be Enabled by asserting the PS Enable input Pin on the H-Bus connector.
I can't find any examples of this being done after searching various forums and I don't want to destroy anything.
The term asserting seems a little ambiguous to my tiny brain, so I am asking this obvious question to enlighten myself.
Am I correct in interpreting asserting as confirming that standby output Pin J6.3 provides 5 volts to Pin J6.9, therefore an on/off switch would be suitable?
Thanks.
Rob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.