• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GU-50 100W output and power transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cobra2 said:
One for me!

Arne K

Arne;
they will be bright red.
I've asked for a quote for some chrome plated, waiting for the answer..

The chassis contains holes for transformers, for 4 GU-50 tubes in thin sockets, for 2x 6N2P + 2 x 6N6P + 2 x 6E1P + one SG3S.

Rear panel: 2 holes for TRS inputs (or RCA may be installed for Hi End version), 6 holes for speakers (4, 8, 16 Ohm for each channels) - TRS (for Gih End Chinese golden-plexiglass bananas may be installed, for 4 and 8 ohm only), 2 fuses (anode and AC), and one AC plug (rectangular).

Front panel: 2 volume controls, 1 power switch, one power lock.

Perforated bottom cover

Also, I will order optional mirrors between GU-50 tubes and transformers, for better look and to protect transformers from IR radiation from tubes and front and rear false - panels with lettering. However, mine will have Wavebourn marked on them, so probably you will need to order some for your taste.

Anatoliy

Hello Wavebourn
Did you order special transformer for these project or stock transformers from Edcor?
Please let me know.
I think It would be more interesting to try these project.
Of course I'm not in hurry, I just study which way to go.
You wrote GU-50 tubes are great.
I found some schematic at German website (That site it have some PC board lay out to..)but the power tube are powered under 400V.
Also I read your project , I like it, you use much higher voltage.
I will wait on your advise. If I invest a lot of money in the irons I want to be sure I can finish the project. Also I will register on your forum.
Cobra did you finished your amp??
First I have to finish some SS project.
Greetings gabor

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.