• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group order of non-inverted LM3875 pc boards? Anyone interested?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
GC Point to Point using PD schematics

Here is another one I made using Peters Schematics.
BTW the Chassis is a Die cast Aluminium costing about 34USD, another one for for the power supply.

Attachments

• gc_pd_ptp1.jpg
    gc_pd_ptp1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 205
Estimated delivery time?

Peter,

I´d like to order a second gainclone kit and mono upgrade. The first kit took about 6-7 weeks to deliver.
If I understood correctly the delay was due to several reasons/problems.

How long do you think it will take to deliver the kit to Finland if I place the order now or in couple of days.

I'm ordering the kit for a guy who needs to get the kit as soon as possible (not want's but NEEDS ). I don't think that he is able to wait 7 weeks for the kit...

Thanks!!

The air shipment of small packet usually takes a week (or less) to Europe. I presently have all the parts in stock, except for the PCBs. Brian ordered more of them last week and we estimate that it should take about two weeks for me to get them here.

Only then I will be able to send all the outstanding orders (starting from Aug 1st).

PS: I have in stock the first version of PCBs (with one PS section only). If someone doesn't need mono upgrade and don't want to wait two weeks delay, I can substitude those for the current PCB version and send it immediately.

Lurien said:
I'm having some trouble figuring out how to wire the powersupply. I have two 140VA 2x22 transformers just like these here. I've looked over the instructions in brian's manual and searched all over the forums to no avail.

Thanks,

Lurien

For 117V you wire primaries in parallel (brown connected with orange, red with yellow) and connect secondaries in pairs to PS board (Secondary 1 to AC1 N&H and Secondary 2 to AC2 N&H).

Bas Horneman said:

Mine have not arrived after a month. But yes I agree..usually from Canada...for example from thetubestore or Paficttv takes a week.

Cheers,
Bas

With a first batch of orders I made a shipping mistake: some of the heavier packages (multiple kits) were not sent by air. I was told that it shouldn't take that long, but apparently it's treated as regular surface mail, which takes about 6 weeks. Sorry for that; currently everything is sent by air.

PS: Anybody who had their package longer than 3 weeks in mail, drop me a note and I'll send you one extra board as an apology.

With a first batch of orders I made a shipping mistake: some of the heavier packages (multiple kits) were not sent by air. I was told that it shouldn't take that long, but apparently it's treated as regular surface mail, which takes about 6 weeks. Sorry for that; currently everything is sent by air.

That is the best news I have had in quite a while!!!!!!:D :D :D
I don't mind at all how long it takes to get here...(I have 8 channels allready sitting in a carton box waiting to be applied in some future project)

But now at least...I have the hope that they will get here after all!!

Peter,

Thank you for your helpful reply. Just one clarification; from what you're saying it seems that I should only use one of my two transformers to power the circuit, unless I connect the secondaries in parallell for each transformer and then connect it to the power supply board. Which method were you suggesting?

Thanks again

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Peter Daniel said:

PS: Anybody who had their package longer than 3 weeks in mail, drop me a note and I'll send you one extra board as an apology.

It's good news that I will receive my kit ( via Bas ) finally, we both thought they would never show up. Thanks for the clarification !

I just assembled my GC boards. Peace of cake ever for a newbie like me .:smash:

Question:
Just to make sure: Have you noticed any degradation in sound the pcb is mounted in 90 degrees angle. I wonder if the caps start to vibrate easier or something like that.
In my chassis I will achieve a shorter signal path if I mount the pcb's in 90 degrees angle but it is not worth doing if the sound quality suffers from this type of positioning :xeye:

DIAR said:

Question:
Just to make sure: Have you noticed any degradation in sound the pcb is mounted in 90 degrees angle. I wonder if the caps start to vibrate easier or something like that.
In my chassis I will achieve a shorter signal path if I mount the pcb's in 90 degrees angle but it is not worth doing if the sound quality suffers from this type of positioning :xeye:

I wouldn't expect any degradation if caps are mounted horizontally. You might attach some extra dampers, made out of soft material to further reduce vibrations. And don't forget to remove plastic jackets ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.