• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group order of non-inverted LM3875 pc boards? Anyone interested?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
johnm said:
Hello there!

I'd be up for ordering six of the boards only if it's not too late?

Cheers!

- John.

Don't worry.. I just started this thread last night. I will give it a week to see how much interest there is in the order, then work out pricing and farther details.

Add your name to the Wiki, along with what you are interested in.
http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=NI+GC+PCB+Group+Order

--
Brian

Joined 2002
Peter Daniel said:

C1 and C2 should be the other way around.

I was initially planning on using non-polar BG N caps, so I overlooked this. There also is currently no polarity marked on the pcb for the capacitors..

Here is a revised schematic, and I will update the pcb as well with polarity markings in the correct way.

--
Brian

Attachments

• gc-pwr-schematic.gif
    gc-pwr-schematic.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,481
Kit is good..

Hi BrianGT,

Please confirm that with this group buy kit it is true that only the following items are buyer's own responsibility in order to build one channel of 50W classA/B.

1/ one 400VA 22-0-22 transformer
2/ one power switch rated 10A
3/ one RCA input jack
4/ one set of speaker binding posts
5/ one in-line 3A slow blow fuse and holdler
6/ one power cord
7/ one chassis of ones choice if not remote PSU
8/ one volumn pot; what value?

If this is true I will be interested in 5 or 8 channels

Regards,
Chris

Joined 2002
usekgb said:
Hi Brian......I've added my name to the Wiki, but don't need the MUR860's. Will the total be less without them?

Cheers,
Zach

I added an extra field to the Wiki sheet, where you can add stuff that you might not want... Yes, it will probably be a few dollars less without the diodes. I will sort out what exactly comes in the kit, in a few days, after I see how large the interest is for this order.

--
Brian

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
To those thinking about getting boards, if you need hardware, read on.

If you're a Cardas fan, the 2nd annual Cardas bulk purchase is well under way. If you're interested see this thread in the trading Post Forum and the WIKI Page for details.

I have already started to send order confirmation emails to those that already placed their orders.

I will be accepting requests for the price list up until Wednesday, the 25th at 12 midnight EST.

PS: I will delete this post after Wednesday.

Joined 2002
Da5id4Vz said:
Any thougths of offering a generic "Brian-Box"?

If you want a finished product, just buy one of Peter Daniel's great amps ;)

The goal of this order is to make it easier to build a gainclone with a simple pcb. If someone else wants to offer a chassis for this project, they can do so in another group order. I have no interest in making chassis for this, due to time that it would take to do so.

Listen to Rodd, if you want great chassis connectors, get in on the Cardas order while you can. You will not find a lower price for these connectors. Here is a picture of my chassis, running the same circuitry that these pcbs contain. I used Cardas copper binding posts and RCAs. I also used a stepped attenuator, which is offered in another thread on this forum.
(this is the amp that I helped my friend Eric build last week http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28048 )

--
Brian

Attachments

• img_2061.jpg
    img_2061.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,418
Re: Re: sign me up too

BrianGT said:

Leo (and others interested in this group buy),

Put you name in the Wiki, along with what you are interested in for this order:
http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=NI+GC+PCB+Group+Order

--
Brian

I may be the dumbest one here, but I went to the wiki and couldn't figure out how to plug in my figures. I didn't want to mess up the table. I'm looking for four channels, as complete as possible.

Sheldon

Joined 2002
Re: Re: Re: sign me up too

Sheldon said:

I may be the dumbest one here, but I went to the wiki and couldn't figure out how to plug in my figures. I didn't want to mess up the table. I'm looking for four channels, as complete as possible.

Sheldon

I added you on there. If it is incorrect, what I added, drop me an e-mail and I will fix it.

--
Brian

Re: Re: Re: Re: sign me up too

BrianGT said:

I added you on there. If it is incorrect, what I added, drop me an e-mail and I will fix it.

--
Brian

Looks good. This will be my first shot, so if it's worth trying a couple of the BG caps, I could go 2 and 2 with Panasonic. I'm flexible, whatever is available from those listed, I'll take.

Sheldon

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Peter Daniel said:
It usually takes 2 weeks and is sent by air mail.

Mounting block can be made out of delrin. It's almost as easy to work with as MDF. If there is enough interest, I could produce them, as I already have experience with that;)

Hi Peter, technically a very good and sonically probably the best solution but it depends if you want to make those otherwise I think simple mounting holes are more convenient ( DIY-friendly that is ).

Brian, glad to see you edited the board. There is no other solution than the one you proposed or the one with the holes at the left and right side. I think it won't be easy to put a screw in at that place with the resistor soldered in though but I won't ask for more ;)

Joined 2002
Re: stepped attenuator

elizard said:
brian: are you going to order lm3875t (non-insulated) only? Or is there an option to purchase the lm3875tf?

I would personally be only interested in the insulated version.

btw, this thing is picking up momentum fast :)

If you want the uninsulated version, put it in the Comments field, and I will see what I can do later. It might cost a few dollars more.

jlh28 said:
Brian, where were you able to order these from. I have as of yet been unsuccessful in locating the post were they were mentioned. Too much more searching at work and the IT guys will come down and ask me to actually do something today :D

I started this group order less than 24 hours ago, and it has gotten big quite fast. I am going to wait a few more days, and see how large the demand gets for this. I haven't decided where I am going to source the parts from, as it will be determined by the quantity. I will work out the details of this, hopefully by the end of the week.

The Wiki is currently only a preliminary interest survey, and I will use this to look at the demand, and put together a kit and pricing structure.

Once the pricing and details are worked out, I will put together a shopping cart system on my website. I will be accepting money via paypal, once I work this whole thing out.

I can get some help from local friends in putting this thing together, as it seems like it will get larger than I imagined.

--
Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.