• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy: SSR03 Super Regulator Power Supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Per-Anders and All,

I seek your technical guidance with regards to my SSR03 5V ps.
I have put together dual +5V rails output and facing technical difficulties, on the positive rail I have it measured precisely +5.04VDC while on the negative rail it is measured 3.54VDC. Basically I image the negative from positives rail. I think the VR2 might be misplaced and also uncertain the right polarity of IC2 for LM317 and Q4 for D44H11?

Grateful if PA or any one would kindly shed some lights! Pretty please.
Many thanks,
Chanh
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Hi PA,

I did precisely that! LM431 has pin2 and pin 3 swapped. Similarly LM317 pin2 and pin3 swapped in the absence of LM337. OPAmp pin4 and pin7 were also swapped. All LED, Caps are installed with supposedly correct polarity. All tansitors were also replaced mirror to positve rail, in that I meant BC556 were replaced BC546 and vi versa. All pins on BC556/546 were kept the same.

Is there any pin change for Q4 when D44H11 was replaced the D45H11? I kept same orientation.

I measured voltages at D12/D10 in reference to ground showed D10=1.47Vdc and D12=0.97Vdc. While D9/D11 are consistently at 2.54Vdc. There is no voltage across R22 but on R21 showed 0.29Vdc. Also, when pulled off the power, working +ve rail LED is switching off first than after 5seconds later the fault reading rail is starting to witch off.

Many thanks,
Chanh

Keep a close look at the schematics and the assembly drawing when you checking this.

Are the pictures showing the status? I see mounting errors in them.

Since you have a working 5 volt side you can compare and where the problem starts.

All caps and the LED's turned around?

All transistors changed?

Pin 4 N2 goes to ground?, pin 7 to supply?

Voltage reference has the A and C swapped?

LM317 has pins in their right holes?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.