• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy for the Through Hole Folded Cascode CEN IV boards

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Fran and Rick,

I do believe that the GB2 through hole package and the MFets arrived at my place in Canada according to my neighbor whom is retrieving my mail while I am on winter holidays. Thank you both for your time and effort in all you do for the DIY community.

MM

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Hi all.
Finally got my FC CeN working and playing music last night. A short audition. From the Miro AD1862. Needless to say it sounds incredible. Replacing OP1656 iirc .
I got one channel trimmed to 2mv, the other was 40mv and only trimmed to 20mc with 1meg but it doesn't worry me. I got slight 'blips' from my stepped attenuator before but not now, so it must have less DC than before?!
I realised yesterday the signal cables I used from the DAC to the IV that I thought were solid copper are CC steel...atleast they are magnetic, so they need to go.
I'll save finer details for later when I have had more air time, and I'm afraid I don't have the prose or critical ear that maybe Fran has so don't expect too much....other than 'wow it's good'.
Certainly a tricky build for me but please persevere and it will be well worth it.
Thanks again to Fran and Patrick .
More words and pictures to follow sometime soon .

Hi all,

So paypal requests have gone out to all GB3 participants just now. Please use family and friends if it is available to you!!

I wanted to give you a breakdown of costs so that you can see how your paypal request is made up:

Stereo set of boards - 24e
Matched set of mosfets stereo (including R1-R4 this time around) - 12e
Shipping - 9e
Paypal, packing etc etc - 2e

So someone who wants one set of boards and one set of mosfets would see a request for 24+12+9+2=47e, someone for 2 sets of boards only would see 48+9+2=59e.

I hope all that makes sense!!

I have everything packed and ready to go for all participants......

Fran

Attachments

• gb3 packs.jpeg
    gb3 packs.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 72
Hello everyone,

All paid for GB3 packs were sent out yesterday - you should all have an email from me with tracking from this morning. All packs have a build guide and BoM included, and then the rest of the pack depends on what you wanted- boards, mosfets, and R1-R4 if you ordered mosfets.

There are just a couple of people to pay - but if you have paid, and haven't gotten a mail from me this morning, please let me know in case I have missed something. Otherwise take this as a reminder that your packs are ready to go out!

Happy building everyone!

Fran

Reactions: 2 users