• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy for the Through Hole Folded Cascode CEN IV boards

Hi Fran,

Almost there, but have one more question. On the BOM Q7 and Q8 are shown as both being 2SK170BL is this correct. The reason I'm asking is that I got two quads (4-2SK170Bl, 4-2SJ74BL) from the DIYAUDIO store to fill Q1,2,7,8. If both Q7 and Q8 are the same then I'm short two 2SK170BL. I think that I might have some knocking around in my parts bin but don't know how well they match.

Thanks,

Paul

I managed to find a pair of Toshiba K170GR. I tested them with a transistor tester and got Id=0.38mA, @Vg=262mV, and Id=0.38mA, @Vg=264mV.

I measured the remaining LSK170 from the DIYAUDIO store and got Id=0.42mA, @Vg=295mV and Id=0.43mA and 298mV

Do you guys think that these two pairs are usable? If not I'll order a quad.

Thanks

Paul