• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy: Fane 8M Studio 50 units production run

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

At the moment, we have 17 or 18 confirmed orders. I will do a conclusive count the last week-end of April. Although it looks very good, I would add a healthy dose of caution, since following the 'surge' of orders at the week-end from Australia, we are now averaging 1-2 new orders every 3 to 4 days, maybe even every week. With the Easter holidays coming up, it is anybody's guess what effect this will have on the rate of orders received.

Best regards
Rakesh

Lock in the price?

Hello,

At the moment, we have 17 or 18 confirmed orders. I will do a conclusive count the last week-end of April. Although it looks very good, I would add a healthy dose of caution, since following the 'surge' of orders at the week-end from Australia, we are now averaging 1-2 new orders every 3 to 4 days, maybe even every week. With the Easter holidays coming up, it is anybody's guess what effect this will have on the rate of orders received.

Best regards
Rakesh

Rakesh,

Could you try and lock in the buy price with Fane?

Cheers
Tax

Hello,

I have so far 18 confirmed orders and would like to set a date at which point I will place the minimum order of 25 pairs with Fane International. I suggest that this should be the end of May.
Please call Audio Components and make your payment, including cost of shipping. Can those in Australia let me know what number of drivers to ship to Sydney and to Melbourne?
If there are no further orders for the drivers, I will take the remaining seven pairs and sell them on in due course.

Best regards
Rakesh

Hello everyone,

A quick glance at Audio Components' website will make clear that he deals with some rather reputable loudspeaker manufacturers. The fact that Fane is not on his website is simply owed to the fact that he does not normally resells their speaker units.

You can check with Daniel Barnes at Fane that he is the person who will place the order with Fane and take all payments (Fane cannot or will not sell directly to end-users such as myself).

Please remember that, as stated before, payment by credit card attracts a surcharge of 3% and by paypal, of 4%. You can avoid these by using a debit card.

John Bryant, owner and director of Audio Components UK Ltd (Tel 00 (44)118 989 0151), will take the payment from you.

Best regards
Rakesh

Hello,

John Bryant has told me that he has taken payment from two parties in the UK and one from the US. It would be wonderful if everyone could finalise their payments sooner rather than later.

Those ordering collectively from Australia however need to designate who will be responsible for accepting delivery in Melbourne and in Sydney, and let me know how many speakers are going to each destination. In this way we will be able to obtain a quote for shipping. It would be great if you could do so and let me know as soon as possible.

Those in Australia who opt for shipping directly to them can of course contact John Bryant without delay.

Best regards
Rakesh

Hello everyone,

For the avoidance of doubt, and although I thought it was very clear, for those who placed an order by 15th April, the price is £225.

For later orders i.e. placed between 16th and 23rd inclusive, the price is £245. For future orders, until the end of May, if there are any, the price is £265.

As stated above, I looked at the price of shipping to Australia, and I also asked John Bryant of Audio Components to do so. As I said, £107 inclusive of tax and insurance is the cheapest we could find for a pair of Fane 8Ms.

Tax has mentioned to me that he could get shipping from Amsterdam for £50 and it would be great if he could get a quote from that shipping company (which was it, btw Tax?).

I also thought that some of the guys in Australia were looking at shipping collectively. My own search along these lines suggest that there is little savings to be made that way (I was quoted £280 plus tax and insurance for 4 pairs). You might as well bite the bullet and have it shipped directly to your door. Please let me know what you can come up with. And let's close the order book as soon as practicable.

Best regards
Rakesh

P.S As previously mentioned, all payments, including for shipping need to be made to Audio Components.

Last edited:
Hello,

Following a request from Australia, I was asked to investigate the cost of shipping only two pairs of drivers to Sydney, which I am mentioning here in case it is of interest to others.

The best rate I found is £185 inc of insurance cover for two pairs, maybe a worthwhile saving on the cost of shipping for a single pair.

I would also like to add that the Fane 8Ms drivers will come with Fane's standard 12 months manufacturer's warranty.

Best regards
Rakesh

Hello,

I would like to thank all who have made their payment so far, or have contacted John or myself promising they would do so next week.

Can Danny B., who has already paid, please contact me or John Bryant so we have your email address (you might as well include your shipping address and tel number again so we can check our records).

I would like to reiterate that expressions of inetrest are regarded as 'confirmed.' Only one person contacted us (yesterday) to say that he was pulling out so far. This is really not right, especially at this late stage, after so much time has elapsed already as it clearly undermines the whole project unnecessarily. It is unfair to all those who expressed their firm interest and followed through with their commitment to purchase. I will increase my own order to include that additional pair but please let's have no further cancellations.

Thanks

Rakesh

Hello,

I would like to thank all who have made their payment so far, or have contacted John or myself promising they would do so next week.

Can Danny B., who has already paid, please contact me or John Bryant so we have your email address (you might as well include your shipping address and tel number again so we can check our records).

I would like to reiterate that expressions of inetrest are regarded as 'confirmed.' Only one person contacted us (yesterday) to say that he was pulling out so far. This is really not right, especially at this late stage, after so much time has elapsed already as it clearly undermines the whole project unnecessarily. It is unfair to all those who expressed their firm interest and followed through with their commitment to purchase. I will increase my own order to include that additional pair but please let's have no further cancellations.

Thanks

Rakesh

Hi Rakesh,

I've sent DannyB a message for you as i know him well and will also be meeting up with him tonight.
Cheers,

E.

Replacement order from Australia

Hi Rakesh,

The latest update from Sydney is that we have found a replacement for the member who pulled out.

The new order is for RichardF who is a friend of Lansche plasma guy. (thanks Lansche plasma guy for finding a replacement order)

BTW: I am also advised that Lansche plasma guy has paid John Bryant.

I am guessing that RichardF will be paying John shortly.

For the benefit of readers who read your above post with reference to Amsterdam postal costs..please note that I mentioned that I mailed myself a 10kg box of LP's when I was in Amsterdam and it cost Euro 50. This was through the normal post office. OBVIOUSLY postage in the UK is more expensive. I haven't bothered futzing around with trying to get quotations.

I have posted on our local audio forum that the small savings on combined shipping costs are far outweighed if the combined shipment attracts duties and other taxes on arrival here. As it stands the price of a pair of drivers including postage to Australia is still within an 'individual's' allowed duty free allowance, so it is prudent to ship a pair individually to yourself.

Thanks to all of the Australian contingent who joined the GB and have paid up.

Kind regards
Tax

BTW: I paid John earlier this week

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.