Good solder station?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
JBC ?

just now realised I have had a JBC iron for many years
tip is gone, but can't remember ever using it

Attachments

• IMG_9883.JPG
    IMG_9883.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 424
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Currently, I have a 936 Hakko, bought after having read nice comments and I am somewhat disappointed.
Formerly, I had a very old Pace and I felt it very comfortable in my hand and in delevering heat.

What aren't you happy about with the 936 Forr? I've had mine for a good many years now, and have been very happy with it. Wished I'd bought one many years earlier (I probably spent as much in replacing dead cheap irons as the hakko ended up costing). I'd only ever used cheap soldering irons before it though so have nothing in the soldering station category to compare it to.

Tony.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
turned the power on

watched the display
and thought what's going on
disply was running fast

then it read 360degr, and stopped
I thought whatever
until I noticed smoke from the iron

that took about 5 seconds :eek: very cool ... I mean HOT :D

Attachments

• IMG_9989.JPG
    IMG_9989.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 399
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
1.6mm can work satisfactorily in surprisingly more locations than thought when powered by a good station. But 3.5mm-5mm come to their own on thick wires. Don't be afraid of 390C setting when the going gets tough especially when the solder wire is lead-free.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.