Good full range kit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I'm going to assume based on the things that have been said since my last response that the Fane driver will not deliver very good fidelity?

I can’t say, i haven’t heard it, but the people that have it really seem to like it. And it is efficient. And its parameters make it ideal for an OB which makes the job of building an “enclosure” much easier.

dave

HK123:
Have you looked at box dimensions yet, or should I just estimate something that will most likely suit you?
I am driving around at work today, no computer in sight, so not much happening until later.
I'm still torn, I want to use OB but I'm trying to decide where I might put it.
I think I'll take a reign check on that until I decide what to do, thanks.

Hi Hello Kitty123, any chance of seeing a picture of your high performance amp?
thanks, Arthur.
Haha it doesn't look like much, it's still wired up on the solderless breadboard.

No speakers. Just HD800 headphones and my amp/dac I designed.
My experience with speakers is extremely limited.
The HD800 are currently my reference for sound, it may not be the same thing as speakers but on good recordings I can convincingly believe the singer is in the room. The sound is extremely clean and soft and subtle and the tonality is realistic. But only with the amp/amp I designed which is why I am dead set on using it.
I want my speakers to be a speaker version of what I experience using the HD800 headphones.

Last edited:
No speakers. Just HD800 headphones and my amp/dac I designed.
My experience with speakers is extremely limited.
The HD800 are currently my reference for sound, it may not be the same thing as speakers but on good recordings I can convincingly believe the singer is in the room. The sound is extremely clean and soft and subtle and the tonality is realistic. But only with the amp/amp I designed which is why I am dead set on using it.
I want my speakers to be a speaker version of what I experience using the HD800 headphones.
I have not heard the Fane. I can well imagine that I will like it. Large transducers have a capability of creating music in a “full size” way in my experience. Even so the Fane is first and foremost a public address speaker, I don’t expect the same subtle tonalities as with your hd800.

Care to reveal the identity / design of the majikal amp of which you speak in post 40?

Please keep in mind that some of us are on weight loss diets to trim down from all the Kool-aid we've consumed during a lifetime (50yrs or more for some) in this hobby/addiction, and might need a bit more substantive data on which to confidently base recommendations.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2011
This is what Google turned up...

448cc5d4eb0629b82a6c88c61a294db9.jpg

Care to reveal the identity / design of the majikal amp of which you speak in post 40?
Top secret sorry :p I just 100% confirmed today that it is a giant killer after comparing it to a bunch of very expensive amplifiers. On top of the fact that I already knew it was better than anything I've heard on the market. I have spent the last few years designing this amp/dac so I can build an audio company. I am slowly building a loyal customer base from people that have heard my stuff in private showings but i need to reach out to some big fish soon. Hit me up at CanJam next year in NY, I expect to rent a booth there. In the mean time I am currently trying to figure out how to turn some golden eggs into a company :p

after one of his other threads, I was thinking something like this

Is-Data-Virtualization-the-Holy-Grail.jpg

perhaps an altogether new relevatory class of amplification?
I really hate to come across that way because I hate BS marketing but....the performance cannot be denied. The guy I showed my amp off to today in a private showing contracted me to build him my amp because his room full of expensive amps could not compete, same for the previous guy I went to. My biggest fear is getting ripped off after all my hard work and money I poured into it, many thousands of hours and many thousands of dollars. Otherwise I would love to share.

Last edited:
Top secret sorry :p I just 100% confirmed today that it is a giant killer after comparing it to a bunch of very expensive amplifiers. On top of the fact that I already knew it was better than anything I've heard on the market.

Would still be very interesting to know with what speakers you have "heard" your amp? If it was just with headphones then I suggest you have a look at the headamp section - there are several very very CHEAP headamps that might compare and surprise with how good they sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.