• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Going away sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Re: The Perceives

Wormski said:
I've slightly lost track if these are still available or not. If they are i'd like 'em! I've tried to buy some of your stuff in the past - hopefully i'll have more luck this time....

Yeah, think it was yourself that had I miffed off when I sold something that I'd already promised yourself - again appologies and I'm trying to avoid that this time ;)

I've got two other people behind John who are interested in these but I'll keep the thread as up to date has humanly possible.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Re: LM3875 and LM4780 Boards

cliff said:
Probably too late but if 2 cases end up available I definitely want them for UK delivery.

Cliff

Will keep you in mind Phil should Andypairo and dairo decide not to go ahead.

bobsherman said:
I guess you want to only answer on the board, so. If they are still for sale I would be interested in buying the.

best regards
Bob

Hi Bob,

I emailed you postage prices but just incase: £12 + £3.50 if you want insurance. This is via Airmail.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
sqlkev said:
I'll take the power supplies if they are not spoken for.

AND a pair of gainclones if they are still available (the non-pimp version) :D

Hi Kev,

The SMPS's are still available, postage will be either £27 for upto 28days with no insurance or £32 for 5days and insured.

Bob is interested in the LM4870's and a pair of LM3875 which only leaves a pair of the pimped :D LM3875's.

If he passes I'll let you know.

OK Ant, it's looking good for the Perceives at this end. Thankfully my wife is utterly unfazed by unusual speaker designs and quite likes them 'in a robotic kind of way', so that's fine. £1,000 will be a nasty shock for the bank account, but hey- in a couple of months things'll be back to normal and the speakers'll still be in the living room. I'll PM you in a moment or two.
John.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
These items have now been sold:

4x SMPS - Kev
4x LM3875 & 2x LM4870 - Bob
3x ATI cases - Vik

And a pending sale on 2x ATI cases.

That leaves the following:

4x 10" Peerless XLS10 Subs
1x 12" B&C 12TBX100 Sub
1x 15" Volt R3863
1x ATI case

I believe Reko was interested in 2x ATI cases so he has preference on the last one, after that its Darius.

TBH selling these ATI cases had been a bit like working on a market stall with a load of folks shouting and waving money in your face for that last item you were selling :( I only wish I'd priced them at £50 each now :D

Hi Ant,
After some serious consideration I'm afraid I'm going to pass on the Perceives. There's no real financial or domestic issues as such, but I've got to realistic- I've got several projects in the pipe already, not only hi-fi but also combat robots and home DIY. The way the next few months is shaping up I can see the speakers ending up gathering dust until at least next summer and maybe beyond. Those waiting anxiously in the queue behind me won't thank me for saying so, but if I were in your shoes I'd stick them in storage in the UK and move them across to Germany once you're settled. At £1,000 they're clearly an outrageous bargain for someone who can commit the time to install and drive them properly, but for you they're a labour of love- and you can't stick a price on that. None of my damn business I realise, and you seem to be an admirably push-on-and-don't-look-back kind of guy, but some things are worth holding on to!
All the best,
John.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.