Glue or Screw?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Screws

Thanks Joe;

I did try the drywall screws but they didn't seem to have the "bite" I liked so I tried particle board screws #8 X 2". I screwed together 2 pieces of 1" MDF with Elmers wood glue ( the yellow stuff ) drilled and countersunk pilot holes. The smooth shank at the top of the screws helped to pull the top piece of MDF down flush with the other piece of MDF.

The 2 pieces have been setting here all week and let me tell you that it is a very strong, tight joint. I put the piece on it's edge and stood on it ( I weigh 210 Lbs ) I even jumped on it and it didn't budge.

Sorry for what may seem like a dumb question about screws, but I'm rather new at woodworking. I've designed many speaker systems over the years but I've always had someone else to do the building, but lately we have had lots of quality issues and we have decided to do some of the building ourselves.

Doug:nod:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.