General diyAudio store questions thread

Greetings,
This various FirstWatt board kits, etc., are available in the store. From what I can see, though, there are certain components that are very hard, if not impossible, to find at this time. Specifically the F4 (and others, which use some of the same stuff). Bill of materials, yes; N and P-channel input JFETS maybe not so much. I think the 'N' has a readily available substitute.
Is it possible for someone such as myself, who's made a career of being just a bit late to the game, to actually find the parts to still build these without reinventing a workaround and/or could someone direct me, within the forums or outside, to where I might find encouragement to realize this? Or is it a practical impossibility to build these kits?
Thanks in advance.

No worries!! :D

BTW, you will love the F4. :)

I am very optimistic. I will be using an upgraded Decware CSP2 tube preamp that I think will make both units total way more than the sum of the parts. Plenty of gain and voltage available with the CSP.
I have just finished the ACA monoblock kit and am using it to drive modified Fostex Fe206's in nice boxes. Excellent bass control. Really super. I am so impressed with those little 6w that I'm very excited for the flexibility of an F4 build.
After that, the Aleph J, then SIT2.
Wonderful diy site, btw.

:up:

There will be next week or shortly thereafter. We'll be adding a lot of new substitution options, including all sealed covers, "tube style" (one vented one not), UMS heatsinks for all 4U and 5U (and eventually 3U) dissipante chassis, as well as "Deluxe" style CNC cut backplates and front panels. Much more of a "build your own adventure" and fully embracing the flexibility we have now we are working more closely with Hifi2000.

:smash::wave2:

I hope!

Thanks,

Anand.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Working on it as you type... due to the way we have had to "hack" Shopify to handle multiple quantity discounts, it's a lot of work to add them in. If there is a specific model of chassis you're interested in, please let me know and I will get that going before anything else.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Sorry for the delay. I tried to implement the substitutions in a nice and beautiful way, but due to the limitations of the software we're using, the complexity to make it work nicely has proved to be too much for me, and creates a less than desirable experience for you the customer. So I'm abandoning that way of implementing the substitutions.

Instead, tomorrow I will just add these substitutions as products and each chassis page will direct you to the appropriate substitution to add to your cart. It won't be beautiful but it will work and it will be complete within a day. So, you will see these live tomorrow.

Hi

Can you do matched quads of LSJ74/LSK170? Say <10% delta Idss?

And a subsidiary question - I have just noticed that Linear Systems have started listing a p-channel dual JFET, the LSJ689, with a preliminary datasheet, and the complement to the LSK489. Any plans to stock when the LSJ689 becomes available?

Craig

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I cant pay via paypal! I can only choose credit card!!!

You can now :)

Hi

Can you do matched quads of LSJ74/LSK170? Say <10% delta Idss?

And a subsidiary question - I have just noticed that Linear Systems have started listing a p-channel dual JFET, the LSJ689, with a preliminary datasheet, and the complement to the LSK489. Any plans to stock when the LSJ689 becomes available?

Craig

We aren't doing matched quads presently. I will advise of any new lines we might stock if we get information on them from LIS.

Hi,

I think I misunderstood the ordering system and screwed up on my order.

My order number is DAS-2249.

In my 5U/400 Dissipante order, of the 4 heat sinks delivered, only 2 are the UMS type, the other 2 are not. Secondly, my top and bottom covers are perforated. One is 4 row and the other is 6 row. I need one to be completely solid and the other to be 6 row.

Can I return the 2 standard heatsinks and one of the perforated covers (4 row) and get what I originally wanted? Thanks!

Anand.