• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Thread for Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt reg

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Now is the big jump, I would like to change Erno Borbely regulators in his I/V & preamp to your SSLV1.1BiB to see how good is your latest regulator:D I mind now this will be a very good comparison & a test to know the real perfomance of your regs. vs other very good regs.;)

1st pic pic All-Fets Dual low-noise regulator EB-202-254
-Max Vin +-45V
-Max Vout +-40V
-Max output current with 5V in/out voltage difference is +-200mA
-Scope should not show any ripple and the uV meter should show less than 5uV of noise over the audio bandwidth.

2nd pic All-FET Line Amplifier EB-1198/116
I don't have information of the on board regulators

This is a series reg. How much did it cost? Try BJT out too on 1.1 to see what you prefer.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Tea Bag,

I received my boards today, they look wonderful! Thank you very much for your work, and I know the work which one can't see on the first sight is the other half of it. So thanks again!

Greetings,
Matthias

I've gotten a lot of comments on the looks of the boards. I am going to go hunt the proto down to see if it looks different. They do like quite nice. I think the lettering legends have improved.

Now - who is going to build one already? Then we can think about a building thread.;)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Boards

Hi Salas,

Boards haven't arrived yet - I'll expect them next week. But meanwhile I've succeeded adding your shunt regulator on my Pearl 1 boards. Setup is for 30V and 120mA of which 35 mA is consumed by the pre-amp (per channel). I've included a picture and noise measurements using ARTA.

b.rgrds,

Paul

Attachments

• Shunt.doc
    48 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1357 small.JPG
    IMG_1357 small.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 336