• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Thread for Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt reg

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Say that loud!:D

Attachments

• -alex_jones.jpg
    -alex_jones.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 386
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Franz, when the recession started, I put a chunk of cash into Swiss Francs Money Market.
Now it's worth quite a bit! The other chunk was in Euro's, and not so well, but still better than USD. I figured I needed balance with USD in emergency savings account.

My opinion is that this sorta recession was long overdue. We aren't supposed to delve into politics, but I blame weak minded short term thinking - no long term plan as being a big problem, at least for our country. It seems like some European countries at least have plans....I believe many Asian countries do as well, but I don't watch enough international news.

Tea Bag...

I received my board and minikits, everything looks great. Thanks a lot for all your work on this project.

BTW, what are folks planning on doing for heatsinks? I am going to build a +/- 15V supply, and will be running around 350-400 mA total current, so chassis bottom is not going to be enough. I need to use sinks less than 3" high, and so far I have not found any stock that will fit.

Merlin...

Thanks. I am running those sinks on my Salas/Quanghao boards, and things are still running really hot even with the lid removed and ventilation from below. The +/- 15 VDC supplies for the Legato II are just OK with about 290 mA CCS current. I would really like some bigger sinks for more dissapation.
Plus, these sinks will not fit on the BiB board in a verticle position. I would like to find a sink I can mount to the chassis floor, and then tap for both FETs.

Yeah...

Thanks TB. I think I will get creative as well. I have some 1/4" slabs of copper laying around, I think I might use one of those to transfer heat from the FETs to the chassis floor. Not a huge amount of surface area in the copper, but lots of thermal mass and great heat transfer abilities...

Heatsinking...

...try using the old pentium CPU heatsink. I used it for my QH boards.

Thanks. I am running those sinks on my Salas/Quanghao boards, and things are still running really hot even with the lid removed and ventilation from below. The +/- 15 VDC supplies for the Legato II are just OK with about 290 mA CCS current. I would really like some bigger sinks for more dissapation.
Plus, these sinks will not fit on the BiB board in a verticle position. I would like to find a sink I can mount to the chassis floor, and then tap for both FETs.